Android 4.2 Now Rolling Out to Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10/11/how-to-get-the-nexus-7-android-4-1-2-update-right-now/

This works for the 4.2 update too

alextheblue

Distinguished
Multiple user accounts for tablets. Info on lock screen. They're catching up to... Windows RT?? Next you'll tell me the stock camera software doesn't suck and randomly make me wait anymore! :p

Thomas Creel

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I don't have any of these devices. Until it proves itself worth the hundreds of dollars of course I'm not going to buy it... But glad to see updates are at least frequent.

G

I'm sure Thomas is sitting on his iPad, iPad2, and new iPad while he's writing that comment on either his 7 inch iPad or his 4th gen.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
With my Nexus 7 being rooted, I have to install the update off the SD card with clockworkmod recovery, they should put something int he update so it works over the air for rooted users.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
"Woohoo! My Nexus S is running Jelly bean and it's already smooth as butter, I can't wait to get this update!"
Sorry to disappoint you, I believe Nexus S will not get 4.2

"With my Nexus 7 being rooted, I have to install the update off the SD card with clockworkmod recovery, they should put something int he update so it works over the air for rooted users."
I thought it is very clear that rooted devices were not supported for OTA. With a Nexus 7, I have no reason to root. In fact, I don't even root my SGS3 because it's already doing what I wanted with 4.0.4.
Can you be overrooting? is there a such term?

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]"Woohoo! My Nexus S is running Jelly bean and it's already smooth as butter, I can't wait to get this update!"Sorry to disappoint you, I believe Nexus S will not get 4.2"With my Nexus 7 being rooted, I have to install the update off the SD card with clockworkmod recovery, they should put something int he update so it works over the air for rooted users."I thought it is very clear that rooted devices were not supported for OTA. With a Nexus 7, I have no reason to root. In fact, I don't even root my SGS3 because it's already doing what I wanted with 4.0.4. Can you be overrooting? is there a such term?[/citation]

I rooted so I could link my PS3 controller to the tablet for gaming.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
kawininjazx - just get on 'google play' and install the free 'voodoo ota rootkeeper.' i installed it on my rooted 4.1.2. after 4.2 push ota, all i did was launch the ota rootkeeper app and click on the 'restore root' button and that's it. i'm rooted in 4.2 in less than 3 seconds. no need to use complicated command lines, root toolkits, etc. :)

G

Warning: Do not install this update! It will destroy your battery life. My Galaxy Nexus used to go 24+ hours between charges. Now it drains completely in less than four hours.

Does anyone know if there's an ETA for a patch that fixes the battery problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.