[SOLVED] Android, Automatically store photos locally on the android from cloud.

Aug 24, 2020
My plan is to use an Android tablet as a photo frame it runs with GSM no wifi.
The photo frame sw shall poll the picts from the local photo storage in the android.

Selected persons shall be able to put picture to a cloud for example google photo or drop box or similar.
The photos in the cloud shall be automatically downloaded to the android local disk storage.

Why: The Android photo frame sw shall not need to retrieve the photos from the cloud when presented as this will be continuously GSM data every time the pict changes. Only when a new pict is avalable in the cloud it shoud be replicated to the local android pict folder or similar.

Which cloud or apps is best for this?

Solution
Hi thanks for replying. I had to google it to find out what that is. its to a Galaxy Tab S6 and my linux knowlege is 0.01%. So i was hoping not to play around there. The task should be simple for our family members , just select a picture and then share. they may have iphone or android, then this picture goes to the cloud and are stored on locally on the Galaxy Tab S6 via gsm.
If you had to google it, I think the answer is "no". What I was thinking was to do something like "rsync" byt that is a more generic linux thing rather than an android thing.
I don't have a recommendation for a cloud sync app for android.

kanewolf

Titan
My plan is to use an Android tablet as a photo frame it runs with GSM no wifi.
The photo frame sw shall poll the picts from the local photo storage in the android.

Selected persons shall be able to put picture to a cloud for example google photo or drop box or similar.
The photos in the cloud shall be automatically downloaded to the android local disk storage.

Why: The Android photo frame sw shall not need to retrieve the photos from the cloud when presented as this will be continuously GSM data every time the pict changes. Only when a new pict is avalable in the cloud it shoud be replicated to the local android pict folder or similar.

Which cloud or apps is best for this?
Are you going to have root access on the tablet?

Aug 24, 2020
Are you going to have root access on the tablet?

Hi thanks for replying. I had to google it to find out what that is. its to a Galaxy Tab S6 and my linux knowlege is 0.01%. So i was hoping not to play around there. The task should be simple for our family members , just select a picture and then share. they may have iphone or android, then this picture goes to the cloud and are stored on locally on the Galaxy Tab S6 via gsm.

kanewolf

Titan
If you had to google it, I think the answer is "no". What I was thinking was to do something like "rsync" byt that is a more generic linux thing rather than an android thing.
I don't have a recommendation for a cloud sync app for android.

Solution