Android Pay Already Supports 1 Million Stores, Rolling Out Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
"Android Pay will also support credit and debit cards from all the four major credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery. "

What is this Discovery card you speak of? Did you mean Discover?

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
"NFC-enabled smartphones coming to AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless (Spring is missing for some reason) will have it pre-installed in the future."

Will it work without the "Spring"? or should I Sprint ahead to another carrier lol!!

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
"Android Pay will also support credit and debit cards from all the four major credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery. "

Heh, you could even go as far as saying "What is this Discover card you speak of?"

I haven't seen someone use a Discover card in years. Pretty much everyone runs with Visa unless your a corporate entity.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Heh, you could even go as far as saying "What is this Discover card you speak of?"

I haven't seen someone use a Discover card in years. Pretty much everyone runs with Visa unless your a corporate entity.

This is 100% true. The only people I know that use Discover card are the ones still using AOL for their Email. Discover is card is becoming more and more hard to find a retailer that accepts it.

Amex is second up to as some retailers and most night bars will not accept it

All money is electronic. Only a slim portion of the world's money is actually backed up physically in bills or gold. Our money is electronic. All your money in your bank account is just a number on a server - probably something like 5 decabytes. During the Great Depression, everyone went to pull their money out of the banks in fear of losing it, and people who didn't get first in line lost all their money because the banks ran out of physical money. At the time money was a number on a paper, but we've advanced to computers.

JPWhite

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
I used Discover Card quite a bit up until Sams Club started issuing their own Visa cards, then my use dropped to zero.

At least Sam's Club were the first to start using chip-and-sign cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.