Android Phone Can Be Used as a Supercomputer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The Droid is the only serious competition to the iPhone and what looks like an industrial strength Development Environment (web and SQL Server IDE)is being ported or already running on both phones.

http://relationalframework.com/mobiledevelopment.htm

Apple's made a big deal about not allowing serious software like a Development Environment on their iPhone but Motorola seems to have the opposite approach. The speculation that docking stations may soon replace the desktop seems to be gaining real momentum.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Next Toms Hardware Article.. "iPhone 4 can be used as a can opener"
After using a traditional can opener to open the can.. you then use the iphone to push the lid up and take it off.. and viola! your iphone is a can opener. ;)

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]jackfrost860[/nom]Don't most users just want to make a phone call and maybe surf websites?[/citation]
LOL, how pedestrian. I bet your toaster just makes bread get hot and crunchy, too... Poor, poor man! Get with the times!

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
You guys thrashing Jane for taking "creative liberties" or bashing Tom's generally for aggressive journalism need to chill out. Jane didn't decide to call the processes taking place "supercomputing" herself - read the damn article she linked. That's exactly how the Texas Advanced Computing Center and MIT have described what they've done.

If you want to get snarly over the use of the term "supercomputing" in this context, blame TACC and MIT, not Tom's / Jane.

on the news, iphone can be used as a super paper weight, it can hold in place 2 papers at once! but wait, there's more, you can do this with your iphone turned off, not that's efficient! if you call now...

i like android but this is just...i dont wanna say the word.

on the news, iphone can be used as a super paper weight, it can hold in place 2 papers at once! but wait, there's more, you can do this with your iphone turned off, not that's efficient! if you call now...

i like android but this is just...i dont wanna say the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.