Question Android tablet connected in hotels but no internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhi3600

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I have a generic Android tablet that works fine except in a hotel. I have no problem connecting to their Wi Fi but once connected I cannot get on to the internet. The setting shows "connected". I do not have or need a sim card in the tablet. This happened in two Marriot hotels. My wife's iPhone worked fine .

kanewolf

Titan
I have a generic Android tablet that works fine except in a hotel. I have no problem connecting to their Wi Fi but once connected I cannot get on to the internet. The setting shows "connected". I do not have or need a sim card in the tablet. This happened in two Marriot hotels. My wife's iPhone worked fine .
Could you have something set to static rather than DHCP on your tablet? IP or DNS that is not compatible with the hotel? Next time this happens open the properties of WIFI and check all the settings. They should all be DHCP.
Also, is it specific to Marriot hotels only? Does the tablet work on Starbucks WIFI ?

jhi3600

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I am traveling in Europe and have stayed in three different hotels. In the hotel that I'm in now I am having the same problem that I described, in the prior hotels two no problem. Here, I don't see a Properties setting. I do show advanced settings and "other wireless connections". At home prior to the trip I did find the DHCP, now I don't find it. I only found some of the other settings by going to "other wireless connection". I'll be here for two more days so it's a good time to perhaps solve this problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.