Anno 2070 :D

sgtpepper500

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
So I decided to buy Anno 2070 last weekend because it was 40% off on steam. Sadly they had run out of keys so I gotta wait a day or so before I can play. I read and watched several reviews on it and most of them were very positive. It seems to be a great game that went under the radar. I was already thinking about buying it before the sale but once I saw that sale I had to have it. Let me know what you guys think about it :).

It's a good game, have been waiting for a sale on steam since release.

The visuals are especially great, the mechanics are nice, but as I haven't played previous anno games I have no comment on how they are. Music is wonderful and helps get you through all the management and headaches you get to deal with (those pesky citizens want so many things!)

I haven't tried multiplayer in depth only did a session with my friends where it was rather passive, we all sat on each of our islands and built whatever we wanted and gave each other advice on how to deal with this or that problem.

In one sentence, I'm liking this game so far, not sure how long it will last me though.

sgtpepper500

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Anno 2070 is my first taste of the series. From what I have seen so far I think I will have a blast. I am not very experienced with this genre so I hope I don't fail miserably.

I found it to be pretty easy to learn, but it'll be harder to master. This game encourages careful space planning and ability to adapt to current situation swiftly, but at the same time you benefit from higher APM (similar to typical RTS where space isn't as much of an issue)

jp hack

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Its a standard RTS, but i dont like how they try to deter piraters with limited play when playing off line, makes it chezzy in a way

evilsooty

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
A great game: lots of depth and top-notch graphics don't do any harm either.

It's a bit of a hybrid with Settlers/Sim City/Command and Conquer elements. I have already put it around 30 hours on the campaign (which is really just a glorified tutorial preparing you for the open 'continuous' mode) and I feel like I have only scratched the surface.

sgtpepper500

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I also have been looking into the Settlers series which seems to be decent. At one point I was considering Stronghold 3, but then saw the awful reviews and glitch horror stories and decided not to.

sgtpepper500

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I had the opportunity to play Anno 2070 yesterday and I did enjoy it. It took me a while to understand. However I thoroughly enjoyed playing and can't wait to continue building my citay :D.

evilsooty

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Glad you enjoy it!

If you like Anno 2070 you will like The Settlers as they are made by the same company, Bluebyte. Settlers 7 is great!