[SOLVED] Annoying static noise

diogoricar2010

Commendable
Dec 27, 2017
I've been dealing with this annoying static noise lately, and I believe the problem doesn't come from the headphones, since when I use them on my phone the static noise disappears or when I use my earbuds the problem also disappears, any sugestions?

Solution
https://www.amazon.com/SKEMiDEX-3Pc-Circuit-Voltage-Electric-Detector/dp/B078G6CJV6
there are simple testing tools, you can use spare led, but those have a small advantage.
while online remove all cables one by one and check led for 2-3 sec. if all cables will go and led will still light,
basicly turn of machine and check for leaks offline, remove part by part from inside as much as you can and test for leaking power. (led lights -> we still have voltage)
sometimes having ground is enough, if its not active leak but just an electromagnetic induction.

but in my experiance either GPU port or something on backplate of mobo is touching the...
Jack ? noise is usually a problem with power leaking from another device to card.
in all metal laptop or desktop its going around chassis. If its desktop, check screws, make sure you have spacing. If it's laptop, its propably bent by usage and it will be hard to find source of the noise.

diogoricar2010

Commendable
Dec 27, 2017
Jack ? noise is usually a problem with power leaking from another device to card.
in all metal laptop or desktop its going around chassis. If its desktop, check screws, make sure you have spacing. If it's laptop, its propably bent by usage and it will be hard to find source of the noise.
It's a desktop computer, what could I do to find where the noise is coming from?

https://www.amazon.com/SKEMiDEX-3Pc-Circuit-Voltage-Electric-Detector/dp/B078G6CJV6
there are simple testing tools, you can use spare led, but those have a small advantage.
while online remove all cables one by one and check led for 2-3 sec. if all cables will go and led will still light,
basicly turn of machine and check for leaks offline, remove part by part from inside as much as you can and test for leaking power. (led lights -> we still have voltage)
sometimes having ground is enough, if its not active leak but just an electromagnetic induction.

but in my experiance either GPU port or something on backplate of mobo is touching the surrounding metal.
if you find the culprit, its like just a kitchen rubber to fix. No touching - no issue.

Solution