Anonymous Calls for Internet Blackout Protesting CISPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
seems familiar, might be because this is exactly the same as sopa, and all the other attempts to secretly get rid of our internet freedom.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Thank you Toms for making the matter very public, explaining the graveness of the potential fallouts, but for NOT pushing anyone to vote either way. Not that I wouldn't oppose CISPA, but it's nice to see you respect others' opinions : )

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Thank you Toms for making the matter very public, explaining the graveness of the potential fallouts, but for NOT pushing anyone to vote either way. Not that I wouldn't oppose CISPA, but it's nice to see you respect others' opinions : )

Dupontrocks11

Honorable
May 7, 2012
This is an anonymous I like. Promote change with civil disobedience, not fire. But honestly, this wouldn't happen if we didn't vote these people into office! Politics are important every once in a while people!

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
The Internet is the only thing the govt can't control. They want to total control of the information highway because then they can control what you know about, just like it was before the internet came to be.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Except this year they aren't worried about getting reelected, so they'll vote for whomever bribes them the most. Same reason gun control acts are being shot down despite the fact they were popular with actual citizens. NRA, the media industries, all of them pay senators far more than you do. Won't vote them in next term? What makes you think the other guy will be any different?

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Well, I suppose that's part of the issue, but I think it goes much deeper. For one, some of the politicians are very charismatic (Obama), so unless you're an avid follower of politics, it's quite easy to get caught in their lies. But I think the biggest issue is that the politicians don't work for us - large corporations are signing their checks, not the people they are suppose to represent. We need to get money out of politics. Our government is just about 100% corrupt, and unless you're voting independent, both parties are the same, and the choices you get are usually something like voting between cow shit and horse shit. At the end of the day, both parties are shit.

If campaigns were funded by tax dollars, it would give politicians less incentive to do corporate favors, and it would give independent parties a fair chance. In short, if the politicians don't listen to our demands, we can actually vote for someone who will.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
None of them will be any different until the nature of the game itself is changed. Close the loopholes and get the special interest groups out of congress. Limit the terms of any congressman to 2, 2 year terms and have expiration dates on all laws and amendments. Also when you become a congressman and work for the people, the people have the right with a majority vote that meets a quorum to audit and inspect all property deep into their family. If a corporation is caught bribing a congressman, that corporation's products (and any subsidiary) are price frozen and fined per product sold. Also dissolve the Federal Reserve Act.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Blessedman, you are NEVER going to get them to put expiration dates on laws. Legislators HATE to actually have to do work and HATE to have to review laws, even when that is part of their duty as legislators.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This is a dumb bill. Supporters of CISPA do not give any money to the Republican party, how do they expect Republican congressman to pass the bill if they are not lining their pockets with campaign funds and actively campaign against them.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

Gun control act's are not popular where I'm from, nor anywhere else in the US. If gun control was as popular as you make it out to be, these act's would have passed.

p.s. move next to me if you hate firearms, I always wanted to use one of these.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9pY7ATCUAA6esO.jpg:large

On Topic, the White house stated this would be veto'd again if it somehow passed the senate.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/113/saphr624r_20130416.pdf

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I bet majority of the politicians doesn't know anything about the internet. Our internet will just becomes the same as North Korea in a few years if this keeps happening.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I bet majority of the politicians doesn't know anything about the internet. Our internet will just becomes the same as North Korea in a few years if this keeps happening.

Truckinupga

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2012
The Government is already gaining control of every other source of info we receive, Such as the mainstream media. And no matter how many times it gets struck down in congress they want stop trying to take control of the last frontier of freedom we have, The Internet.

festa_freak

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
There needs to be a system in place that finds bad people online but leave the rest of us alone. I don't know what that is but it has to happen!

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
No one has protested this yet, cause people are just now getting the word out. We all gotta speak out against all this crap, so we don't lose our rights.

That's because this had nothing to do with SOPA or PIPA and merely ALLOWS companies to share of attacked. It does not allow any sort of control over the internet. This is one of the worst written articles I have ever seen. Its flat out wrong, extremely biased, and giving anonymous credit for anything is a disservice to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.