Anonymous Hacks Syrian President; His Password Was 12345

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]I think you give them too much credit. Im betting its qwerty[/citation]
Come on now, that's way to difficult for an idiot like that.
Its much easier to change it to 123456.

oxiide

Distinguished
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]No his native language is Arabic, so the Roman Alphabet would not be his cup of soup. He will probably change it to Assad1.[/citation]
He is fluent in English, I'm confident he could handle 'abcde.' :p

mahdhatre

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Lol! Love this. Even a password like "Aj1;" is a thousand times more effective. And to the guy who said use dictionary words with pig-latin: that wouldn't really work either, real easy to add perl code to decipher that

G

1st Stupid combination indeed... but this info coming from Israel is not really credible.
2nd Anonymous attacking Syria just proved to me that they are totally ignorant about politics.
3rd We have NO IDEA of who Anonymous are, so the CIA can just hack into their system and pretend its Anonymous.

vigilante212

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Im pretty sure that password is on the list of most common passwords used. Its pretty sad and pathetic that a president would be using something so simple.

Makes me doubt if the President was the target or just a sweep of a particular server that led to the revelation that all accounts with the password 12345 or 123456 be logged..... just so happens that 34 users .... had the same.....

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]AznCracker[/nom]lol what an idiot. passwords with only number can be hacked in minutes.[/citation]

LOL...I expected something like 111111 from him

DEVILVSANGEL00

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
they should of planted a virus or something to totally distory their network and software on the computers, cripple that dumb a**hole in charge of killing thousands of people the best way their able to, he deserves to be killed slowly thru torture then brang back to life a thousand times over just to be punished for how he is treating the people of his own country, thats just crewel russia stop thinkin about makin money thru arms deals and china stop lickin russias bumb just cos u need to help north korea,

change his password to death sentance waits :) lol

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
If you are able to hack his email, why TELL the world???
Rather be quiet about it and use the information obtained that way to help the world deal with this idiot.

Imaging the Brits had boasted about having successfully hacked the ENIGMA machine in WW2 !

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
They could have sent mails asking his army to stop their attack on holms and the other cities? though tbh i'm sure military orders aren't sent via email...

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Folks, the GPU issue with passwords is only if you are doing a local attack on a password file. If you are presenting passwords to a website, your limit is the transmission, web server processing, and response time for each guess.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
it doesnt really matter how fast a GPU goes through passwords, because you can't test 1000 passwords a second on an email server. my ISP would probably take 30 minutes to respond to that many logon requests.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]No his native language is Arabic, so the Roman Alphabet would not be his cup of soup. He will probably change it to Assad1.[/citation]
No, too long. He should go with the first three characters.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]At least he was counting up instead of down...[/citation]

Oh, his people will be doing the counting down for him pretty soon :)

G

Haha, um, my office computer password is 20% less secure than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.