Another Abrupt PC Shutdown Thread (Maybe PSU overheating related?)

Aug 6, 2018
Hello and thanks for taking the time to look at another thread that asks the same question over and over again.

Premise:
So, I've been having a problem with my PC abruptly shutting off if I play somewhat demanding games for over 20-60 minutes (i.e. XCOM2, The Forest). This problem has started occurring after about 3-4years of use without such problems. The only change in hardware is a new multiplug that isn't the problem since my monitors continue functioning despite my PC shutting down. After the shutdown, my PC won't react to the power on button for at least 10 minutes, sometimes more.

It is most likely a heat-related issue since less demanding games will still cause abrupt shutdowns if I don't open my case whilst playing them. (Needs to be done since my top fan is broken)

Problem solution attempts and possible cause:
I have tried looking for information in the Eventviewer but no such luck.

I have been using Speedfan to measure my Motherboard, CPU and GPU temps before the crashing occurs:
XTzDCzs.png

Temp 1-3 refer to the mobo. None of these values seem to be that high (are mobo temps of ~50°C high?) and have been higher before without causing an abrupt shutdown.

Hardware information:
About 4-5yo machine that hasn't ever been cleaned with the following specs:
CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5GHz
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (which is somewhat new since my old card broke down)
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H-CF
RAM: 2x8GB stuff, don't believe it's important
PSU:SilverStone SST-ST1000-P (1000W)

Thoughts:
The only thing that comes to mind would be the PSU overheating, it's pretty hot to the touch. I'd wager somewhere around above 50°C whilst idling.

Is there any way I could test that without outright buying a new PSU? How would I go about cleaning that solid block of metal? Am I just being an idiot and overlooking something obvious?

Thanks in advance.