[SOLVED] "Another computer on this network has the same ip address as this computer" ?

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So today my house experienced a power cut for few mins and after it came back my PC connected to my WiFi router and i got a message saying "another computer on this network has the same ip address as this computer". Me, my sister and my mom use the WiFi so what is the meaning of this error? Is anyone spying on me?

[OS = Windows 7]

Solution
All it means is some machine did not lose power and when the power came back the router assigned the same IP to another device.

The simple solution is to do a release and renew of the ip on your machine or you can reboot if that is easier for you. Unless you have assigned a static IP in the network setting it will get a different IP when you reboot it.
All it means is some machine did not lose power and when the power came back the router assigned the same IP to another device.

The simple solution is to do a release and renew of the ip on your machine or you can reboot if that is easier for you. Unless you have assigned a static IP in the network setting it will get a different IP when you reboot it.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution