Another LCD monitor question

Nikki

When you look at the specs of a monitor it gives a 'response time -
"25ms response time". Another monitor "16ms response time" - so which
is better? and what difference will it make?
Incidentally, I also use the monitor for watching TV and dvds thru my
pc.

16ms is much better than 25ms when talking response times. though probably
not an issue given your planned usage.

<Nikki> wrote in message news:4219dc23.17848765@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> When you look at the specs of a monitor it gives a 'response time -
> "25ms response time". Another monitor "16ms response time" - so which
> is better? and what difference will it make?
> Incidentally, I also use the monitor for watching TV and dvds thru my
> pc.

Depends.

If you're going to watch anything with action, like sports, you want a lower
number. Higher numbers and the fast moving action smears.

Tom

"zippitydudu" <zipitydudu@zipitydada.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| 16ms is much better than 25ms when talking response times. though probably
| not an issue given your planned usage.
Well, I thought my Dells Latitude Display was 'extremely' HQ, but then I saw my technical specs:
25ms response time for the display. I am playing a lot, watching action DVDs, and well, nothing
which would give me an impression of blurriness. So I can live with it without any problems..

Quite a few owners of Dell LCD monitors have commented via the net that the
published 25ms response time spec is bogus... they actually perform faster
than that.