Another Look at Battlestar Galactica Online...CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmmm... The best idea of Battlestar Galactica is/was that you don't know who the tousters are... I am not so sure how well that can be put in Mmo game.
But interesting to see if this one can survive...

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Looks like a pure-combat and story driven space MMO. I'll stick to Eve Online for that, I like deep, complex games than just combat but stories would be nice.

G

Sorry TunaSoda, the old BSG blew nuts. The new reimagined one is better than a lot of shows today. Great cast, great writing, and awesome CGI. You can keep your Buck Rogers clone.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]newbsgftw[/nom]Sorry TunaSoda, the old BSG blew nuts. The new reimagined one is better than a lot of shows today. Great cast, great writing, and awesome CGI. You can keep your Buck Rogers clone.[/citation]
You may like it, but it ain't battlestar
The fact that it's better than a lot of shows today isn't saying anything

JFreak

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2005
Looks promising and I like the imagery of the trailer. this reminds me a lot of Eve online but eve didn't have much of any real pve or storyline development. It is a player made sandbox with the most stunning visuals (less is more) I've seen. Breath taking, but player based content / sandbox gets a bit old and boring. Not much to sink your teeth into if you're not into pure pvp or mind numbing mining.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be another bomb like Startrek online and has engaging/compelling/balanced combat, questing and progression systems.

JFreak

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2005
Looks promising and I like the imagery of the trailer. this reminds me a lot of Eve online but eve didn't have much of any real pve or storyline development. It is a player made sandbox with the most stunning visuals (less is more) I've seen. Breath taking, but player based content / sandbox gets a bit old and boring. Not much to sink your teeth into if you're not into pure pvp or mind numbing mining.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be another bomb like Startrek online and has engaging/compelling/balanced combat, questing and progression systems.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I could see this as a story driven Single Player but as an MMO Im not sure.

If you play on the Cylon side what if any personalization do you have? Your either a tin can or your 6 different skin jobs.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]skykaptain[/nom]Looks like a pure-combat and story driven space MMO. I'll stick to Eve Online for that, I like deep, complex games than just combat but stories would be nice.[/citation]

EVE online is a deep complex game, if your new to it. Having played a character up to about 20M SP's, I found all the smoke and complexity faded away. Yes, you can have super ultra tactical PvP with using electronic warfare, speed fits, DPS fits etc, traps but all that goes down the toilet if you can get enough chums to follow you and blob them into oblivion. Not to mention the lag in larger scale battles (that CCP specifically boasts and encourages in adverts.) The only reason it's staying afloat is because of the very small niche group of players that multi-box 2-6 accounts.

G

You know in space there's no air, and shooting lasers don't make sound; 2 reasons of why it's silly to even add sound there, but I guess it's more cinematic if you where able to hear them.

PuckerFactor

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
There was no game play footage there...just slick CGI...the website isn't even online to show any gameplay screen shots http://battlestar-galactica.bigpoint.com/

So for right now it's just hyped-up computer generated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.