[SOLVED] Another NVidia Drivers Incompatible with version of windows

Feb 13, 2021
So I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 Home and now NVidia Drivers will not install. I've installed all updates to windows, no dice. Tried installing before windows could update anything, incompatible. Tried a multitude of different versions of the drivers, nope. GeForce Experience? "can't find any drivers". Look at the Display Adapter in the Device manager and it just says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter so there are no NVidia Drivers to uninstall with DDU. I've read a multitude of forums from here, Reddit, NVidia, and other various places and I'm at my wits end with this. Does anyone have a idea on how to get this installed or as to WHY NVidia and Windows can not get along.
Windows Version is 1703
Build 15063. 1418

Solution
In the 10 years I've self taught myself to work on computers I think this takes the cake on making me feel dumb. A week I've been fiddling with this and reading forum after forum and not once did I think about upgrading my build. That fixed it, Thank you, my god, thank you. My sanity has returned.
Feb 13, 2021
Windows is still on 1703, if I need to upgrade to a newer build how do I go about doing that?

EDIT: I found the updater for 20H2, I'll install and get back with you.

The windows version is the problem for sure. Older versions such as the 1703 have problems with many newer tech not being compatible.

Last week a friend of mine used a almost 5 year old version in his usb that had laying since he built the PC and the m.2 drives would not boot after restart. Downloading again from media creation tool the latest windows, did the trick.

Reactions: boju
Feb 13, 2021
In the 10 years I've self taught myself to work on computers I think this takes the cake on making me feel dumb. A week I've been fiddling with this and reading forum after forum and not once did I think about upgrading my build. That fixed it, Thank you, my god, thank you. My sanity has returned.

Reactions: dotas1
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
They changed how windows update worked completely in one version update, it might have been 1703... it was a few years ago. Anyone before that might struggle to update to 20H2 without a clean install.

The only clean install I did on the last PC that fixed anything caused by an update was the 1st one I did in 2015 just after getting win 10. I found all new features I didn't know I should have had. Most version updates get massive media scare campaigns just before release and end up being rather boring in reality

Version updates are a chance to fix some of the features you previously created but instead MS seems to want to jam more features in and make Win 10 like Office, full of features no one can find.