another Skyrim budget build

archaicguy

Honorable
Mar 18, 2017
I enjoy the whole Elder Scrolls series so I'm looking for a PC to run Skyrim and also Morrowind and Oblivion. I enjoy running modded and enhanced games so that will have to be a factor.
I'm looking at either buying a used already built system or building my own. I think I could live with a 1k budget although it would be bout a little at a time if so.

Here is some info on a system I ran across for sale. What are your thoughts on buying used and this system?

I7 2700k 3.5
Asus board- not sure on the model
Nvidia GTX-760
1TB hard drive
16 Gig ram
Windows 10 pro

The system you've posted will play the vanilla Skyrim pretty well at probably maxed out settings, the only thing holding it back is the GTX 760 to be honest. And Skyrim loves high CPU clock so if the motherboard allows for overclocking its not really a bad system if the price is right, A GPU upgrade would be recommended if you want to run Mods, the GTX 760 will run out of vram real fast with some of the mods like a texture mod or shadow mod.

To build your own system that can play Skyrim maxed out with Mods, well, you will probably be spending upwards of $800 USD.