[SOLVED] Antec green power supply?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone, I was wondering about the quality of Antec Green power supplies.
I’m looking at one that is the “Antec EA-500D Green 500w continuous power supply 80 plus bronze.”
I was wondering if this would be okay for a used gtx 960 or r9 270 system. Are there and quality issues I should know about?
Thanks!
Edit: What about a Truepower 550w 80+ bronze?

Solution
I’m looking at one that is the “Antec EA-500D Green 500w continuous power supply 80 plus bronze.”
I was wondering if this would be okay for a used gtx 960 or r9 270 system. Are there and quality issues I should know about?
Thanks!
The EA-500D Green is a decent PSU. I'm using that exact model right now, installed since 2012. It's an older design and you should probably be getting something more up-to-date. The Truepower series are even older. If you need a budget PSU the Corsair CX series (2017) are a good choice. If you have a bit more to spend, the Corsair RMx or Seasonic Focus are good.
Thanks!
The EA-500D Green is a decent PSU. I'm using that exact model right now, installed since 2012. It's an older design and you should probably be getting something more up-to-date. The Truepower series are even older. If you need a budget PSU the Corsair CX series (2017) are a good choice. If you have a bit more to spend, the Corsair RMx or Seasonic Focus are good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Insane Potatoz
Solution

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Thank you so much!