Question Antec P110 broken power/reset button

Apr 23, 2023
Hello,

Since Antec support don't seem to be repsonding at all, I thought I might try my luck here... :)

I have an Antec P110 Silent chassis (this one) from several years ago (out of warranty). It still works great but the power/reset button broke.

It doesn't strike me as a good enough reason to replace the whole thing, but I didn't manage to track down the component to replace it (I'm a bit of a tinkerer so if I had a compatible button mechanism I could do it myself without too much trouble).

Anyone has an idea as to where I can purchase one?

Or at least know the exact technical name of this component?
I tried searching for all the obvious stuff like "power button", "reset button" etc., but I didn't manage to pinpoint it.

This is the part:

Thanks,
Tal.

A power button is a simple temporary contact switch.
Since you are handy, something like this should work:
Or if you do not want to drill your case, how about a remote switch:

Reactions: Pulaski
Apr 23, 2023
A power button is a simple temporary contact switch.
Since you are handy, something like this should work:
Or if you do not want to drill your case, how about a remote switch:
Hey,

Thanks for the info!

I don't mind drilling but I was hoping to avoid that by replacing the current switch (in the screenshot in my original post), since it already matches the button on the outside of the case (screenshot below).

This is a power/reset button (short press for reset, long press for power off or power on). Thanks to your answer I managed to find this (that looks like it would match), but I want to make sure it will work as a "2-in-one" reset/power button... does a temporary contact switch qualify for that? (or is it something more sophisticated?)

Best,
Tal.

Last edited:
Possibly, your case works differently.
Normally, the power on button is a momentary press.
To force power off, one needs to hold down the pwr button for 4 seconds or so.
This works on any pc I have experience with.

If a case has a reset function(mostly useless) it will have a separate button connected to the motherboard reset pins.
Look at the front panel connectors on your motherboard and see where the reset connectors lead. They may not even be connected.
I suspect a momentary pressing of the pwr button while the pc is running will, in effect cause a restart.
Not the best way to do it since work in progress will be interrupted.

Apr 23, 2023
Possibly, your case works differently.
Normally, the power on button is a momentary press.
To force power off, one needs to hold down the pwr button for 4 seconds or so.
This works on any pc I have experience with.
I may be mistaken about the power on. The power off was definitely a long press, and a short press was reset.
I suspect a momentary pressing of the pwr button while the pc is running will, in effect cause a restart.
Yes, that is correct. It causes a restart.
Not the best way to do it since work in progress will be interrupted.
I know. Sometimes the computer freezes completely though. It doesn't happen a lot, but since the power button broke I have to disconnect the power, reconnect it and then physically open the case and press the start button...

So to summarize, it sounds like it's a standard button... I'll order the ones I found on AliExpress and try them out.

I'll let you know if it works... thanks! :)