Antec Shows Off Enormous Nineteen Hundred Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
certainly interesing, you can probably fit 2 480mmx120mm rads on the bottom, maybe another 360mmx120mm rad up at the top? and even after all that you'll have plenty of space left over for everything else lol.

I love my Antec 900 - 2, so i was curious when i saw the 1900 in the Tom's newsfeed. man is that stupid big. only possible use would be for something running with a 3 or 4 titan's in SLi, with a custom liquid cooling rig including the gpu cooling... multiple loops, resivours and psus for all the hardware.
Toss in like a dozen hard-drives for a huge RAID 10 array and you've got that space filled up nicely. insane. what's the market for this?
even then i think it's overkill

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Can't wait to see some cool liquid cooled builds with this case! This, the 900D, and the cases from Case Labs are some really huge cases.

Talk about a cooling nightmare.
If I was to design one of these, I would move the 3.5" bays to the rear to port thermals out the back and move the motherboard forward to port thermals out the top/side. The dual supplies would be in series across the bottom vented out the same side as the motherboard. The Antec 902 I thought was well designed but even it would not directly translate into something like this and retain its cooling characteristics. Heat is electronics greatest enemy next to water.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I like Antec's cases... mostly their more reasonably sized, silent series. I've owned several, including a few different Sonata cases. I just bought a Solo II, those things are great. It's quiet, and just large enough to house a full ATX board and long graphics card. It could use a few minor upgrades though. Not sure if I'll need to do any modifications for this build, probably not. But I'd like to see them release a Solo III either way!

InvalidError

Titan

Empirical evidence seems to disagree - within reason.

While it has been long believed that cooler temperatures around 20C range made electronics more reliable, field failure studies from Google and others have determined that failures are actually lowest across the 25-40C range and many new datacenters are being designed to leverage natural convection for primary cooling ("cool" air in from the floor below, hot air out the floor above) instead of heat exchangers/pumps to take advantage of that.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006

Actually, it very comfortably can do that when using 2.5" SSDs. Each 3.5" drive bay can hold 2 x 2.5" drives, while each 5.25" drive bay can hold 4 x 2.5" drives. With 2 x 2.5", 12 x 3.5" and 3 x 5.25" bays, that provides sufficient mounting space for 38 x 2.5" drives (SSDs or HDDs).

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
The dual power supply setup is kinda intriguing. I wonder how much flexibility it would add to manufactures down the road for gaming systems. The last few years we have seen the trend of computers getting more "Power Efficient". Which makes since in a office environment and a typical home environment. I wonder what Intel and AMD could come up with if they knew power savings was not a concern and they had as much power as they needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.