Antec Teases At A $499 Flagship Signature-Series S10 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Oh the expense of running an aircon all the time just for a PC would be massive. 27c/kw in Australia. Would be probably be $5-8/day just for the aircon if it was on 24hrs.

Also the fact they generate a butt ton of heat you have to vent outside the room.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
That's not an issue though because you just run the aircon in your room to counter the heat output of the case aircon. The expense of running my ducted system so I can run my case aircon seems justified.

alextheblue

Distinguished
There has to be something for the rich to burn money on. Otherwise why bother being rich?
There are still plenty of $100 cases and $300 GPUs for the rest of us.

True enough. I'll never buy one but it would be neat to see it. Anyway my Solo II has been great, very good build quality, quiet, and not horribly expensive. It was the smallest good-quality full ATX case I could find that would still house a fairly long graphics card.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Is this the same Solo II that was released 4 years ago with the outdated case layout from the 90's where the power supply was mounted in the top of the case, users could not remove the front panel to clean the dust filters without removing the left side panel, fan control switches in the rear of the case, only offered 3 dedicated 3.5 or 2.5 HDD bays and 1 dedicated 2.5 mount, with the easily scratched piano black finish that is still currently being sold for about $100 four years later :heink:?!!

To each their own I guess .:D

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
If it isn't anything close to the 900D then it mind as well forget about that 500 price tag. Antec cases have dwindled to complete waste the past few years. I still have my Antec 1200 and my current PC case the DF-85 but there cases have been lack luster comparing to other companies.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Oh the expense of running an aircon all the time just for a PC would be massive. 27c/kw in Australia. Would be probably be $5-8/day just for the aircon if it was on 24hrs.
It costs some of us nothing here in Australia, I run an aircon to cool my pc down if it's been on several hours, Had solar panels installed years ago and now they are making a profit. ;)

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Yeah I also have a 3.5kw system installed and it pays 52c/kw generated back to the grid but it has never made me money. It reduces my bill but never turns a profit.

Not sure if I'm the only one dying laughing just from the comments.."includes an a/c" - at this price, it very well should. I can easily pick up an a/c for less. "it would require a drip pan" - so do aio coolers (yes it's a joke but seriously q/c could be better). Of all things, they chose to name their "flagship" case at this steep price after the lowest budget truck line chevrolet has to offer? Apparently the marketing team was out to lunch when they came up with it. Did we miss s1-9? Companies like antec who had some incredibly nice cases awhile back and have been slowly losing market share due to cheapy type cases with lacking feature sets compared to their competitors should work to make themselves more relevant before trying to roll a $500 case out at the public. Even magic can't turn a kia into a mercedes overnight.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Not sure if I'm the only one dying laughing just from the comments.."includes an a/c" - at this price, it very well should. I can easily pick up an a/c for less. "it would require a drip pan" - so do aio coolers (yes it's a joke but seriously q/c could be better). Of all things, they chose to name their "flagship" case at this steep price after the lowest budget truck line chevrolet has to offer? Apparently the marketing team was out to lunch when they came up with it. Did we miss s1-9? Companies like antec who had some incredibly nice cases awhile back and have been slowly losing market share due to cheapy type cases with lacking feature sets compared to their competitors should work to make themselves more relevant before trying to roll a $500 case out at the public. Even magic can't turn a kia into a mercedes overnight.

My guess is that they will take a few of their failing products and put it into one case. Things like their failing AIO cooler technology where the pump is built into the fan, their 2 speed true quiet fans where I have never seen a builder use, they may as well include one of their powersupplies

hannibal

Distinguished
Well this is their High end halo effect case, but I have been using old P180 for many years and still it is very good, even though 183 has made in even better.
This is not economy case for gamers. But it is interesting to see what this will offer for those of wanting very quiet case.

That "teaser" is less then nothing. Zoomed in too far to see anything except a few seams, too dark to make anything out at all. I mean, by definition, shouldn't a tease reveal at least enough to get someone excited? For all that video showed, this could be a fish tank.

ginnai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
$499 case... why on Earth? I agree with Synphul, if they can't make their "cheap" cases appeal... how can you convince me to buy that far up into their offerings? A bad foundation resonates through your whole product catelog... this seems obvious :/.

Don't get me wrong, back in the day they did have some nice cases. The sonata line, the p180. Strong solid cases, I've got two of the older antec cases and their customer service is some of the best I've ever dealt with. They just seemed to go off track the last several years and need to consolidate and maybe clean up their lineup some. Build actual new cases rather than appearing to be rehashes or just slapping usb 3.0 onto an old case. Corsair has some expensive cases but they've been developing their case concepts for awhile now. It'd be like rosewill just jumping out of the woodwork with a 'premium' $500 case all the sudden like they're the new caselabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS