Question Antec truepower 550w is it good

Lutfij

Titan
Is that the only option you have? What are you/we comparing that PSU to? I would look at another unit. Speaking of unit, you will need to mention your parts/specs list in order for us to understand if that PSU is worth the money and meant for your system.

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Is that the only option you have? What are you/we comparing that PSU to? I would look at another unit. Speaking of unit, you will need to mention your parts/specs list in order for us to understand if that PSU is worth the money and meant for your system.

Hi iv listed the specs my pc wont ve using lots of watts any way load it be probs using 350watts

Yes, have a look at this list
it's in the B- tier

Thanks for the downvotes moderators - good sportmanship

Reactions: King084

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Thanks for the downvotes moderators - good sportmanship

Normally I would not respond to a blatant callout but since its relevant to the thread why not.

That tier list is HIGHLY FLAWED, in fact in the main PSU discussion thread a lot of discussion about its flaws has been going on the past few days. We used to even have a tier list here, and its thankfully gone, because its maintenance intensive, and as shown in the flaws of the LTT list highly subjective. Finally if someone asks about a PSU and you just look it up on a list and say "its in the B- tier" thats just a straight up lazy answer. Do you understand why its rated where it is or what? Or maybe take half a second to look up a legitimate review for someone so they have something to go on. What does tier B- even mean to someone who is asking such a question here? Nothing.

Finally the up and downvote system is a way for people to express their opinions here. While we may be moderators, we are just volunteers and regular site members just like you with our own opinions, so TBH its rude for you to even call me out of expressing my opinion, as if I should allow a lazy answer to slide because I'm a moderator. Sorry thats not how the world works.

Now lets put a pin in this here, as arguing back and forth will do nothing for the OP but muddle his thread. He has a good choice of PSU and hopefully he buys it. If you have any issue with what I have said here please feel free to contact me privately.

Reactions: bignastyid

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Normally I would not respond to a blatant callout but since its relevant to the thread why not.

That tier list is HIGHLY FLAWED, in fact in the main PSU discussion thread a lot of discussion about its flaws has been going on the past few days. We used to even have a tier list here, and its thankfully gone, because its maintenance intensive, and as shown in the flaws of the LTT list highly subjective. Finally if someone asks about a PSU and you just look it up on a list and say "its in the B- tier" thats just a straight up lazy answer. Do you understand why its rated where it is or what? Or maybe take half a second to look up a legitimate review for someone so they have something to go on. What does tier B- even mean to someone who is asking such a question here? Nothing.

Finally the up and downvote system is a way for people to express their opinions here. While we may be moderators, we are just volunteers and regular site members just like you with our own opinions, so TBH its rude for you to even call me out of expressing my opinion, as if I should allow a lazy answer to slide because I'm a moderator. Sorry thats not how the world works.

Now lets put a pin in this here, as arguing back and forth will do nothing for the OP but muddle his thread. He has a good choice of PSU and hopefully he buys it. If you have any issue with what I have said here please feel free to contact me privately.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS