Antec's Signature-Series S10 Is Huge, Fancy, And Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2013
Oh look yet another "minimalistic" boring black case. Could we get some color in some of these cases? Maybe a nice forest green? Or a royal blue? Or heck clearcoat over brushed aluminium or stainless steel. There's absolutely no reason why pretty much every single case has to be black or rarely white.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I do not understand why this case cost $500......

Why is the 120mm fan mounted in the bottom in a pull orientation? All this will do is fight against convection and pull all the hot air from the HDD area down then when it rises naturally the middle chamber fans will suck that hot air into the GPU.
Wouldn't it have been better to install the fan in a push at the bottom with a filter or place the fan in the top of the case in a pull, and place the filter at the bottom of the drive bays?

On their website it shows the top fans used as intake but their is no removable dust filter installed in he the top so why use them as intake or demo them as intake? https://youtu.be/GYrFEXxQncM?t=80

The USB ports are all USB3??? I have not seen a motherboard released lately with multiple internal headers. I know my board has 3 internal USB 3 headers but its a Z77 board which in the technology world is old now.

On paper this may look good but lets actually see a review with components inside especially water cooling :)

The biggest issue I can see is that heat rises and the air above the case will be warmer than the air at the bottom of the cage. Especially when the exhaust fans will push hot air out the back then that will go back up.

The biggest issue I can see is that heat rises and the air above the case will be warmer than the air at the bottom of the cage. Especially when the exhaust fans will push hot air out the back then that will go back up.

Yeah, this really seems like bad engineering. While cold air is heavier & will sink, what do they think they are actually pulling in? The same hot air they are exhausting out the bottom, which will rise up and then to be sucked in at the top. That's a terrible design, unless you want everything to be warmer!

Tom's ought to get a sample of this case and see what external temperatures do to the cooling of this case, especially with multi-GPU setups. Maybe Antec hopes that just due to the huge internal volume of the case, heat inside won't be much of an issue.

Caanis Lupus

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Wow. They will sell to people that have to have something "unique" and I agree seems like any other color besides black will be the new black.

Got my wife the white A540, going to white out her optical drive and the black plastic around the front grill to complete the stormtrooper look. I got the black A540 awhile ago because it happen to be on sale for $99 after rebate, that I actually got not to long ago and used on 3 120mm to replace the front 2 140mm..

Can't remember ever buying an Antec case when I had access to CoolerMaster or Corsair. Still have a CM690, poor thing sounded like a vacuum cleaner before I built the A540.

Status
Not open for further replies.