Antec's Skeleton Looks Really Cool... Literally

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
w0w this thing is so ingenious
yet, its SO DOPE[sorry if people dont say that anymore]

i would totally buy this! but of course, i would have to get an acryllic case or something of the sort to place it in, something with plenty of holes to keep airflow up, and dirty hands down.

BUT GOOD JOB ANTEC! just make clear housing to go with it =]

GoodBytes

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
What is the point of a computer case.
- For one it hold all your computer together.. granted this case does that.
- Second, it is supposed to reduce noise... dam!
- Third, it is supposed to protect your hardware... double dam!
- Forth, engineered in a way to enhanced cooling... triple dam!
- And fifth, be able to organize your work space by freeing up desk space... quadruple dam!

Not only this case is more expensive, but it fails 4 out of 5, and even 5 out of 5 if it doens't follow your taste but it also is more expensive. You get similar result if you just leave your computer on your desk in parts., as it does the same thing and significantly cheaper, and even more easy to access.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If they'd release a case based on this design, with built in water cooling and psu. Wires concealed in the chassis. Then I'd buy it instead of building my own. At present it just doesn't seem to have what it takes other than the looks.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
This product is either really old and Tom's is just now mentioning it or it's been showing up at conventions for awhile. I know I've been seeing this thing for ages.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
goodbytes, that looks like it some decent air cooling... i mean you seriously dont see that big @$$ fan on the top?

and you never have to worry about negative or positive pressure!!! =]

but this case is obviously for the enthusiast, not someone whose trying to save space on their desk... and again that fan is huge, i don't know what would make noise in that case, you can totally get passive coolers for everything, and a semi-quiet hdd, you'll be practically silent...

you get my point

Pixels303

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I guess this thing beats having to use a computer encased in expanding foam or in a LEGGO box. What will they think of next.
Many points you had about this case are very legitimate.
I would buy this case only to show it off to friends, and not for any usable computer system as it would get ugly quick with the dust in view.
Antec has some great case designs I'd admit, and I would be proud to own one of their cases if it wasn't that I prefer building my own cases. My designs are a step ahead when it comes to keeping things cool, quiet and compact, and if I need more room, I simply redesign it for a different use. I always am a firm believer that if you want to do something right, do it yourself.

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
It looks cool but just wouldnt cut it concerning airflow and the amount of dust you could keep out of it. I'm thinking some kind of mesh design that would still allow for that "all out there look' while still helping with airflow.

theirishboxer

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
i saw this thing in a store recently and its not very big. my first thought was the thing looked more like it was ready to take off in to the air than hold my mother board ill take my case door any day thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.