Question Antialiasing problems after Pc upgrade+fresh windows

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 12, 2023
Hey guys, i bought a ryzen 5 5700x+ gigyabyte b550 aorus elite v2, and reinstalled my windows. After that, my antialiasing dont work in any games.
I tried anything i can think of (game settings, nvidia control panel, few small other stuff), but it seems nothing is working so far.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Look in nvidia control panel or geforce experience, make sure HDR is disabled.
There's 4 ways to make any setting to actually show on the screen.
1. Global settings. That's gpu direct settings which apply to All output, regardless of what's used.

2. In game settings. Apply only to that game.

3. Software settings. This includes Msi Afterburner, geforce experience etc and is temporary override global setting that applies only when active.

4. Monitor settings. Do not affect anything other than visual display, if HDR is disabled at the Global level, enabling or disabling at the monitor does nothing. If HDR is enabled at the Global level, monitor Disable cancels visual display of HDR, but doesn't affect Global output of the gpu.

In other words, you'd need to disable gpu HDR at the Global level to affect All output or disable HDR in software to affect the all output when software is active or disable HDR in game to affect only that game or disable HDR at the monitor which disables only the monitor.

Since AA is per game, HDR needs to be disabled either per game, software, or Global, as monitor is After so doesn't affect anything Prior.

Feb 12, 2023
HDR is disabled in windows, disabled on my monitor too
i cannot find any other option to set it off/on
didnt see any settings to set HDR in nvidia control panel/experience and in msi too
i have a second monitor which is not supporting HDR and the problem is still occuring there too

Feb 12, 2023
K-perny-k-p-2023-02-19-183937.png
K-perny-k-p-2023-02-19-183950.png

these are my two RAM's its not the same
i just want your opinion can it be because its a diff RAM
also im on XMP profile 1

ChildOfLuna

Prominent
Nov 2, 2022
Have the same issue as you. In my case it affected all my devices pc, laptop even normal television chanels on 4k tv which makes me think that the problem is for sure an electrical one. One thing that helps is setting the resolution to 4k through Nvidia dsr -factors option in 3d settings. It dosent fix it, this isnt a fix but it get rid of some of the jaggies. You can try if you want