[SOLVED] Any advice as to how I can stop loosing packets in Rainbow 6 Siege?

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
I have this PC with a built in wifi card. The wifi card supports 5GHZ internet. It is also a model that was made in 2017. My brother's gaming laptop has 2014 parts built into it. The wifi card is essentially older than mine. I am closer to the router and I get a solid 866 MBPs with 100 percent signal strength based on the command: netsh wlan show interface on cmd. My brother can get 300 on the 5GHz band with 96 percent signal strength. He has never port forwarded either. Basically, when we play together, his ping stays at a constant 9 while mine will be 15(which is good), but every 10 seconds that red unplug signal appears and then people start lagging all over the place. This only happens on this game and no other game. I have tried everything. Updating drivers, buying new wifi cards to replace this one, contacted support and their advice didn't help. I cannot use Ethernet since I will not drill a hole to have a cord go downstairs. I have a C7000v2 Netgear router/modem. Are there any reasons as to why I am loosing packets but my brother isn't even though I am closer and have much more powerful software and connection?

Solution
I had this issue on my Xbox playing rainbow six siege using wifi. For some reason, it was only on this game. I was also on the other side of the room with full signal. I tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless N and AC respectively. I then connected a long lan cable across the room and never had a single red connection signal for a several hour session, which was unheard of for me at that point. So I knew it was my wifi. I had the latest state of the art Asus 86u router.

I couldn't keep an ethernet cord running across the room forever, so I was able to solve it by buying another ASUS router and using it as a media bridge. Media bridge mode uses all the antenna's to connect to the main router, then gives an ethernet switch to hook up your...
I had this issue on my Xbox playing rainbow six siege using wifi. For some reason, it was only on this game. I was also on the other side of the room with full signal. I tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless N and AC respectively. I then connected a long lan cable across the room and never had a single red connection signal for a several hour session, which was unheard of for me at that point. So I knew it was my wifi. I had the latest state of the art Asus 86u router.

I couldn't keep an ethernet cord running across the room forever, so I was able to solve it by buying another ASUS router and using it as a media bridge. Media bridge mode uses all the antenna's to connect to the main router, then gives an ethernet switch to hook up your electronics. Connecting my xbox through ethernet to the wifi media bridge fixed it for me. I'm still not sure why this game hates wifi.

Perhaps you can try changing your MTU setting on your PC. Try 1500.

You can also try enabling or disabling jumbo frames on your router.

Solution