Any Advice? Mobile Sim Card Wifi Modem

D-Finn

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
Hi Guys/ Gals,

Let me give ye a little context, the internet that we have here at home is very slow, I've asked my dad to get a new provider and he said something about a modem box (ethernet cable outlets and Wifi) where you can put a sim Card like from a phone into.
I just wanna know if this is actually a thing, and if any of ye know if these are any good?
I could only imagine that they wouldnt be the best but i have no knowledge so any advice would be happily taken.

Hi

Whether it is worth doing it depends on if you have a strong mobile phone signal from one of the local air time providers at your location.

Similar in effect in turning to on mobile wifi hotspot using a smart phone.

It also depends on the cost of mobile data from the airtime provider compared to internet via cable or telephone
and how much data you download

usually broadband via cable or telephone or fibre does not charge extra for large data downloads

what do you mean by very slow?
where is your home located?

regards
Mike Barnes

D-Finn

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
'what do you mean by very slow?
where is your home located?'

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late responce.
When downloading for example (Gta V last weekend) i never surpassed a download speed of 2mb/s which ment it took me almost 20 hours to download the game.
My home is located in a small town in cork Ireland, I know that a few of my friends in the same town have upward of 80mb/s and only live less then five minutes away

Thanks,
Davis