[SOLVED] any advice on cases not sure which one

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Hello all im hunting for a good case but not very expensive probally max i could spend 90 pounds on it not more
i really like the NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case because of the glass and two fans at the front which i can do with RGB
but i hear alot of negative reviews about this case because of the airflow any recommendations on the case here i will list my pc build

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor | £259.98 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler | NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | £114.63 @ CCL Computers
Motherboard | Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | Purchased For £175.99
Memory | Patriot Viper Steel 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | £97.99 @ CCL Computers
Storage | Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | £72.98 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply | EVGA BQ 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | £77.48 @ Amazon UK
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £799.05
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-21 20:44 BST+0100 |

Solution
Many of NZXT's cases are thermally constrained... hmm, maybe power constrained is more accurate.
The dilemma with them is that the higher total system power gets, the more challenging managing thermals gets. If total system power is low, they do fine... power use of gaming gpus has only gone up over the last several years, so folks who've upgraded them in their S340s, H440s, H500s, H700s, etc., have gotten bitten by the harder to manage thermals.
The available surface area for both air intake and exhaust is small in the H500, so right from the get-go there's an intake and exhaust bottleneck.

Maybe consider the H510 Flow as an alternative? The intake improves, as long as you don't have a very long gpu, but available surface area...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Many of NZXT's cases are thermally constrained... hmm, maybe power constrained is more accurate.
The dilemma with them is that the higher total system power gets, the more challenging managing thermals gets. If total system power is low, they do fine... power use of gaming gpus has only gone up over the last several years, so folks who've upgraded them in their S340s, H440s, H500s, H700s, etc., have gotten bitten by the harder to manage thermals.
The available surface area for both air intake and exhaust is small in the H500, so right from the get-go there's an intake and exhaust bottleneck.

Maybe consider the H510 Flow as an alternative? The intake improves, as long as you don't have a very long gpu, but available surface area for exhaust remains the same.

Corsair's 4000D(non airflow) would let you have your front glass without crapping on airflow like the H500, but unfortunately, it only comes with 2 fans, of which neither has LEDs... forcing you to buy LED fans and taking you over 90 pounds, unless you wouldn't mind adding them in later until you save up some more? Their 465X and 4000X are alternatives slightly above the budget, but would be cheaper up front, since they both provide three LED fans.

If you don't want to opt for meshed front, I'm not really seeing any decent front glass cases under 90 pounds...

Reactions: adast
Solution

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012

Maybe consider the H510 Flow as an alternative? The intake improves, as long as you don't have a very long gpu, but available surface area for exhaust remains the same.

Corsair's 4000D(non airflow) would let you have your front glass without crapping on airflow like the H500, but unfortunately, it only comes with 2 fans, of which neither has LEDs... forcing you to buy LED fans and taking you over 90 pounds, unless you wouldn't mind adding them in later until you save up some more? Their 465X and 4000X are alternatives slightly above the budget, but would be cheaper up front, since they both provide three LED fans.

If you don't want to opt for meshed front, I'm not really seeing any decent front glass cases under 90 pounds...
thanks well i got rtx 3060 Gigabyte one that is long with 3 fans would it be okay to use for H510 Flow

My first rule in selecting a case is to buy one that is visually appealing to you.
I think the NZXT510 elite you want qualifies on that score.
two 140mm front intakes should be able to deliver sufficient cooling for your parts. 12600K is not an overly hot chip when used in gaming.You will only be pushing a few cores via top turbo. It is when all threads are full out like rendering that heat is maximized.

I think you would do as well with a top twin tower air cooler.
Think Noctua NH-D15s or be quiet DRP4 PRO.
Both come in black.

I would also look at a psu with a 7 to 10 year warranty

Reactions: adast

JayT204500

Prominent
May 6, 2022
Hello all im hunting for a good case but not very expensive probally max i could spend 90 pounds on it not more
i really like the NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case because of the glass and two fans at the front which i can do with RGB
but i hear alot of negative reviews about this case because of the airflow any recommendations on the case here i will list my pc build

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor | £259.98 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler | NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | £114.63 @ CCL Computers
Motherboard | Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard | Purchased For £175.99
Memory | Patriot Viper Steel 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | £97.99 @ CCL Computers
Storage | Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | £72.98 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply | EVGA BQ 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | £77.48 @ Amazon UK
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £799.05
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-21 20:44 BST+0100 |

Since your watercooling I would say Phanteks P500a Corsair 5000D or Fractal Meshify 2 would work very well for you build.