Question Any AM3/AM3+ boards that meet the following criteria? ECC@32GB or up

Oct 10, 2022
Memory: 4 slots, DDR3, Maximum 32GB, preferably 64GB.

ECC supported.

By a rather reputable manufacture.

Lutfij

Titan
Please read this;
https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/99616-asus-am3-motherboards-support-ecc-memory

You could look at the;
Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
though my doubt in your endeavor is that the processor you have is a rather hot headed one and trying to find a motherboard that will work with said processor without blowing itself up(or nuking itself, for lack of a better term) all the while trying to meet your need to have ECC support is unfeasible in 2022.

All boards will be used and the cost of buying a board with a beefy VRM for the processor will cost you, probably an arm and a leg or you're going to find something second hand on Ebay(and their ilk) which isn't a worthwhile investment either.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
Please read this;
https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/99616-asus-am3-motherboards-support-ecc-memory

You could look at the;
Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
though my doubt in your endeavor is that the processor you have is a rather hot headed one and trying to find a motherboard that will work with said processor without blowing itself up(or nuking itself, for lack of a better term) all the while trying to meet your need to have ECC support is unfeasible in 2022.

All boards will be used and the cost of buying a board with a beefy VRM for the processor will cost you, probably an arm and a leg or you're going to find something second hand on Ebay(and their ilk) which isn't a worthwhile investment either.
Hi um, what do you mean "blowing it up"?

I'm running one on my AM2+ board so far the power supply appear to be holding out just fine?

Lutfij

Titan
Boards(and sometimes X6 Phenom CPU's) of that era died after the VRM area of the board would blow up or burn up(it's not the PSU, it's the board I'm worried about. If you didn't know, you can and will have a high amount of power go through your CPU when a VRM decides to croak).

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
Boards(and sometimes X6 Phenom CPU's) of that era died after the VRM area of the board would blow up or burn up(it's not the PSU, it's the board I'm worried about. If you didn't know, you can and will have a high amount of power go through your CPU when a VRM decides to croak).
Sounds scary! You mean my board will be fried and my CPU will be fried as well!?!?!