[SOLVED] Any chance this large curved monitor can be repaired?

kemijo

Commendable
Nov 6, 2017
I have an Acer Ultrawide 38" curved monitor (XR382CQK) that I purchased refurbished, went out of warranty and then stopped working after a few months. Acer wouldn't help, a computer store I brought it to couldn't help. I assumed I was simply burned, put it in a box and forgot about it for awhile.

I am now trying to see if it can be repaired. I just connected it to my PC as a second monitor. The power seems to work fine, my PC recognizes it correctly in display properties and my desktop is extended onto it. There are no graphics on the screen and no Acer logo when it is first turned on. I tried shining a flashlight on the screen to see if it was on but faint, but I can't see anything. When I turn it on or change inputs, the 'on' light turns blue. The screen flashes and then fades to some faint grey bars moving/scrambling around and then it goes black again, and the blue 'on' indicator light turns back to orange suggesting 'no signal' even tough my PC seems to know its there. I've changed the input many times and they all behave the same way. Here's a video of it if that helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0b03BtTPW5Vb1FGb2s5a25HQkN2T1Q4TTdFY2RDV3dfaHhB

TL;DR My monitor stopped working. Nothing is displayed on screen but a flash when I change inputs. It powers on and my PC is correctly detecting it and extending the desktop to it.

Any chance that this can be repaired? Seems power and backlight are not the problem. I live in West LA so if anyone knows a good repair shop, please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The only thing you can do is ask a service center directly, they may fix it but at your cost. Parts for monitors have to come directly from Acer and it's too new for parts from returns to pop up on eBay yet.

California Computer Center
444 S. Flower St. #160
Los Angeles CA 90071
Phone: (213) 689-0808

Bitwise Systems
18645 Sherman Way #108
Reseda, CA 91335
Phone: (818) 345-4068

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The only thing you can do is ask a service center directly, they may fix it but at your cost. Parts for monitors have to come directly from Acer and it's too new for parts from returns to pop up on eBay yet.

444 S. Flower St. #160
Los Angeles CA 90071

Bitwise Systems
18645 Sherman Way #108
Reseda, CA 91335

Solution

kemijo

Commendable
Nov 6, 2017

444 S. Flower St. #160
Los Angeles CA 90071

Bitwise Systems
18645 Sherman Way #108
Reseda, CA 91335

I figured as much. Thanks a ton for the recommendations, I'll give those shops a call.