Question Any damage to the computer?

Feb 22, 2019
Okay, I don't really know where should I post this, because there isn't a section "Power outages" etc. So I was on my computer, and suddenly the power went out and came back again after a second, my computer was about to turn off, but didn't turn off, I don't know how to explain, the screen went black like it was about to turn off, but turned on again. So far I don't see any problems etc. So my question is any possible damage to the computer and maybe the monitor?

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
Well, my PSU is corsair vs550. File system corruption ? How do I know if it happened and does windows fresh startup fix it ?
The most simplest way to find/fix file corruption:
Go onto the start menu, type in Command Prompt
Right click on it and select 'run as administrator'
It should come up with a windowed black box
Type in: sfc /scannow
This will find any corrupt files and repair them
Please let us know what is says afterwards.

D

Deleted member 14196

Chkdsk checks the file system. Sfc repairs windows image

Do chkdsk first. Let it restart the PC if necessary and fix the file system then run the other utility to repair windows

D

Deleted member 14196

Run it on the drive letter that contains windows if it’s not c:\

Edit. Or you can just right click on the windows drive and choose properties and then tools and say check the drive and click the checkbox to repair anything that’s broken. After it is finished then run the SFC command

Okay, I don't really know where should I post this, because there isn't a section "Power outages" etc. So I was on my computer, and suddenly the power went out and came back again after a second, my computer was about to turn off, but didn't turn off, I don't know how to explain, the screen went black like it was about to turn off, but turned on again. So far I don't see any problems etc. So my question is any possible damage to the computer and maybe the monitor?
If it is running fine afterwards, I think you are okay. I wouldn't worry about file corruption. As someone else said, you must have a really good PSU in there. I would invest in a UPS ( Universal Power Supply ). It is a Surge Protector and also has a Battery in case of a failure, you have time to do a proper shutdown of your computer. I have one and with the specs of this computer, I may have 15 mins to get things shut down. A lighter machine that is less beefy will have longer.

Feb 22, 2019
Can you explain a bit more about UPS? It goes in the place where PSU goes right? What's the best UPS for these specs: GTX 1050 TI 4GB, 8GB ram, i5 7400? And if file corruption did happen, does fresh windows start(reboot) fix that ? Thanks!
P.S what are the "symptoms" of file corruption? Sorry for asking much but I noticed that most of the people here don't read the full question, or just don't answer.

Feb 22, 2019
Btw, Don't know if this was my mistake that I didn't tell, but I have an ssd, and just read that I shouldn't run chkdsk on ssd and that chkdsk is only for hard drive. If what I read is true then I almost F**k up.

Can you explain a bit more about UPS? It goes in the place where PSU goes right? What's the best UPS for these specs: GTX 1050 TI 4GB, 8GB ram, i5 7400? And if file corruption did happen, does fresh windows start(reboot) fix that ? Thanks!
P.S what are the "symptoms" of file corruption? Sorry for asking much but I noticed that most of the people here don't read the full question, or just don't answer.

It does not go where the power supply goes, it goes between the wall outlet and your computer. Really only worth it if you get lots of power outages in your area, as in more than one a year.

If the computer is working and not coming up with any errors when it turns on, you don't have to do anything.

Questions like "this happened but everything is working fine, what may be wrong" are pretty much impossible to answer. If it's working, then nothing is visible wrong, if nothing is visibly wrong and system is running good, everything is a guess.

One of the more fun ways to break something is start fixing an issue that is not there. Look at all the posts that try to make a computer faster by deleting "files I don't need" and they kill their Windows setup or make half the programs not work, or run some memory or driver scanner and make the system crash.