[SOLVED] Any definitive way to check if my monitor has Freesync?

ribasmudj

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019
My monitor is listed under some websites with Freesync and on others without it, I'm guessing it doesn't have it as I've been unable to get it to work but is there any way to definitively check from inside Windows? The model number is 276E8FJ, but there's also a similarly named 1080p model which is suspect is the one with Freesync, whereas my 1440p one doesn't have it.

What's confusing me is that I have the G-Sync option in Nvidia Control Panel with this monitor when connected via Displayport, which I can enable, and I was also able to see the Freesync Range in CRU utility. Does this mean that the monitor does have Freesync or are these options available with Displayport for every monitor?

What's confusing me is that I have the G-Sync option in Nvidia Control Panel with this monitor when connected via Displayport, which I can enable, and I was also able to see the Freesync Range in CRU utility. Does this mean that the monitor does have Freesync or are these options available with Displayport for every monitor?

Those options would only be available if the monitor supports FreeSync.

ribasmudj

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019
Those options would only be available if the monitor supports FreeSync.

Is there any way to force it to work on an Nvidia card? 1080 TI in this case. I thought all Freesync monitors could unofficially support GTX even when not validated by Nvidia but as Cameron above said it seems to only work with AMD cards on this monitor. Not sure why there's a G-sync option in my control panel if that's the case though...

TRENDING THREADS