Any difference between cheap mouse pads and expensive ones?

Sairozenkai

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
Hi, forum. I just wanted to know if there was any real differences between a cheap mouse pad, say $5-20 compared to an expensive one, say $70-100. I'm mainly asking for any differences in mouse performance, not if it has a lighting system or whatnot. Thanks for reading, and answers are greatly appreciated!

Solution
Mouse performance is pretty much the same (aside from the difference in friction), but more expensive mousepads will often be more comfortable to use and more durable.

BadAstronaut

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
I bought one from this website when I first built my PC in 2013, and it's still in nearly perfect condition. I forget the name, if I find it I'll let you know. I do remember that they were $10, and with someone's referral it went down to $1 with free shipping. The mouse pad is quite large too, and you can put whatever picture you want on it.

The only terrible mousepads I've seen have been from walmart.

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Qck is very good for the price. Corsair has a hard aluminum MM600, 2 sides, one side is coarse the other is smooth. It has rubber on the edges that keep it from sliding. Only $32 usd.