Any freesync 1080p monitors?

PatrikVujicic

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Hello guys!
I'm looking for 1080p freesync monitors and I found only one BENQ but I don't like it much.Do you know any other maybe? thanks!

Most of the Free-sync monitors I have seen, Free-Sync is broken. You will need to download updated drivers and do a firmware update on the monitor to make it work....scroll about 3/4 of the way down and look for big box of text with yellow background. I would wait till Version 2 hits the streets.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2730z.htm

BenQ have confirmed that the FreeSync/AMA issue has now been fixed. A driver update from AMD is already available and should be downloaded from their website. In addition BenQ will be releasing a firmware update for the monitor itself to fix this issue. Current stocks in distribution are being recalled and updated with retailers so future purchases should already carry this new firmware. This is expected to apply for stock purchased AFTER 1st July, as V002 firmware screens should be shipped by BenQ to distributors in late June.

For those who already have an XL2730Z if you want to, you can return it to BenQ for them to carry out the firmware update for you. This only applies if the user is experiencing issues with the performance of the screen. There is no simple way for the end user to update the firmware themselves and it is not encouraged. Users should contact BenQ support through their relevant country website for more information on how to return their screen for the update.

This only applies in Europe and we do not have any information about how this update will be handled in other countries unfortunately. We would suggest contacting BenQ support for additional help if you need more information, now that a V002 firmware is in circulation. You should be able to identify the firmware version you have by accessing the factory OSD menu (hold menu button while powering the screen on, then press menu). The Firmware version (F/W) should start with V001 or V002 and then a date. You are looking for V002 for the updated firmware.