Any good, free VPNs out there that will work in china?

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I am having a trip to china for about a month. Surfing on the internet is just too difficult for me to do so. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and even Google is blocked on the Chinese network. I can't really find VPNs that will work in China. It just really frustrates me. I am using ultrasurf, which is a proxy software, it does work accessing blocked websites, but it's incredibly slow, like I am experiencing dial-up internet speeds. Does anyone have a good VPN that will work in china? I don't really want to pay for it, and I don't really need a fast VPN, anything faster than 1 Mbit/s will be enough for me. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for helping.

The best one is a do it yourself one. Highly unlikely china can block it since you would build it to your home ip address. They have a list of the common vpn providers and block the ip addresses. I would use openvpn and try to use SSL/TLS since that looks like https. They could block non ip protocols and you need IPSEC or GRE to run most other vpn protocols.