[SOLVED] Any headphones/earbuds plugged into PC have static

strangeguyyoudontknow

Commendable
Aug 30, 2018
Hello, recently I've noticed that my Corsair Void Pro headset had constant static in the left ear, and any time any sound was made there would be static in both ears that got louder depending on how loud the sound was. At first I thought it to be an issue with the headset, only to realize that once I plugged in another pair of headphones, it was the exact same as those. The static in the left ear, and the static on both sides whenever there is sound. I also tried it on earbuds, other headphones, airpods, etc on multiple different ports. Some of the tests were USB while others were plugged into headphone jacks. This is starting to get really annoying and I hope there's some way to figure this out.
Thank you

Solution
Been having the same problem for a couple of weeks, I blame dirty power on the mains because whenever my rig works off the grid (wired to a diesel generator) so to speak the issue is gone, happens with any headset or earbuds.

Airpods though shouldn't have any noise since they're wireless.
Don't want to help in the hijack of this thread, but what you are describing, and possibly the original poster could be caused by a bad home circuit..bad ground, etc.
Try it on another circuit in the house

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Been having the same problem for a couple of weeks, I blame dirty power on the mains because whenever my rig works off the grid (wired to a diesel generator) so to speak the issue is gone, happens with any headset or earbuds.

Don't want to help in the hijack of this thread, but what you are describing, and possibly the original poster could be caused by a bad home circuit..bad ground, etc.

Solution

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
I don't have proper -ground-, only hot and neutral as the plugs only have 2 pins, only fridges, ovens and washing machines come with the third wire that's screwed next to the outlet.
I blame the grid as sometimes the TV has interference too.