Question any ideas for what is wrong?

Oct 30, 2023
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X3D
GPU: GeForce RTX 4090 WINDFORCE V2
Mobo: MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI AM5 ATX
PSU: MSI MPG A1000G 1000W

I built this system last week. After about 10 hours of use, all of the sudden while gaming, I got a black screen but I could still hear audio from the game and discord. The system automatically restarted. I tried to go back into the game and resume but the same black screen happened with audio. This time, I powered it off. Now when I power it on, the fans spin, RGB lights up, but computer will not boot. No indicator lights on the board. Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023

I built this system last week. After about 10 hours of use, all of the sudden while gaming, I got a black screen but I could still hear audio from the game and discord. The system automatically restarted. I tried to go back into the game and resume but the same black screen happened with audio. This time, I powered it off. Now when I power it on, the fans spin, RGB lights up, but computer will not boot. No indicator lights on the board. Anyone have any ideas?
What are your temps?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Temps seem to be fine. GPU never exceeds 50 C and CPU never higher than 60 C. Also forgot to mention that when powered on, usb accessories(keyboard, mouse) aren't powered.
That makes it sound like it could be a PSU issue, try borrowing a different PSU and see if that helps. I don't think it is the PSU, but might as well eliminate it from the list of causes for the issue.

Reactions: dhartl
Oct 30, 2023
That makes it sound like it could be a PSU issue, try borrowing a different PSU and see if that helps. I don't think it is the PSU, but might as well eliminate it from the list of causes for the issue.
I'll try it. I tore it down and rebuilt to make sure all connections are secure. So unfortunate for such a beast. What makes it worse it was fort nite that slayed the beast haha

You could try to reset CMOS there is a jumper on the motherboard you short to do it.

TRENDING THREADS