tones31

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2017
Hey guys, just built a new PC, specs are like
- AMD 7950x3d
- NVIDIA 4080 SUPER
- Windows 11 pro
- Samsung G5 screen

I have Windows 11 on another pc and have never seen this issue before, so I'm thinking it's the GPU. But my issue is that: when I alt tab from a game, which is pretty much always running in fullscreen/borderless, both the game itself and the program I alt tab to, which is typically a chrome browser, start behaving in strange ways. The game itself partially freezes (if I am in an online game, I will disconnect!) and the browser behaves in a way that is hard to explain: but basically it stops rendering parts of the page. If I start scrolling down a page for example, only a small area of the browser continues to be rendered while the rest of the browser is sort of stuck. Anyways I have latest drivers etc, but wondering if this is a known issue, GPU issue, or Windows issue. Maybe also it's a CPU issue since the 7950x3d is kind of a unique character on its own.

I have everything on stock. I don't OC and haven't touched the main gfx settings, or done anything to the CPU. My other guess could be the screen, but idk... also seems odd. It just seems like when I alt tab, things in the background stop rendering, but also things in the foreground.

Sep 30, 2024
try running your games in borderless windowed mode instead of fullscreen mode. This can help prevent the game from freezing when you switch tabs. To switch to borderless windowed mode, you can usually find this option in the game's graphics settings.

Reactions: MCH170

TRENDING THREADS