Question bluescreen issues

staticOdyessey

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2013
So I got an older system from a friend whos a pretty big enthusiast for cheap since he has his new one and the old one was collecting dust, said the ram is completely new besides that everything else is old, was playing a couple of games then I crashed, got bsod multiple times (all of those older ones are from the 15th in the dmp folder) after that I found a post on here and it said to try and disable core performance boost and it should run better, well I did that and it pretty much fixed it, then I turned it back on today and I crashed once with a bsod then it was just straight to a restart twice, I'm not sure if its related but when I enable the default profile1 xmp the bios just crashes or something, and I've got to reset it, take the battery out etc.

dmp.rar its an onedrive link, not sure why it shows up like that, if anyone could take a look I would greatly appreciate because if it's hardware thats failing id rather honor his 2 weeks money back guarantee, plus I'm not sure how much of a performance loss im getting running it with the cpd off.

bugcheck 0x124 called from the CPU core 0 memory bank 0 (internal cpu memory)
system uptime was 2 hours
cpu was running underclock at the time.

first guess would be a CPU fan that is not spinning or clogged with dust.
I will look at the memory.dmp file and see if I can decode the thermal zones to see if it was overheated.

looks like the cpu did Flags: 0x00000003 Throttling Initialized
and hit a thermal trip point
i am guessing the cpu overheated and called a bugcheck to stop the problem.
the second bugcheck was called by the cpu because of a error in the level 1 cache
this would be consistent with a overheating CPU. the system uptimer was 2 hrs 8 minutes. so it is less likely to be a PSU problem (unless the PSU took 2 hours to overheat)

I would blow dust out of the cpu fan and make sure the fan spins up.
the thermal data reported looked wrong but it i find the info is often wrong in the debugger. the key point was the thermal protection triggers were within 1 degree of the current temps. I expect they were triggered and the cpu was reset.

first the cpu is throttled, if it continues to heat then the protection circuits reset the cpu or the CPU starts to get errors that reset the cpu.
I tried to check your modules but most have been reported as modified. This could be due to the bugcheck 0x124 cpu error which is a CPU panic condition and it just saves what it can to the memory dump.

Last edited:

staticOdyessey

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2013
bugcheck 0x124 called from the CPU core 0 memory bank 0 (internal cpu memory)
system uptime was 2 hours
cpu was running underclock at the time.

first guess would be a CPU fan that is not spinning or clogged with dust.
I will look at the memory.dmp file and see if I can decode the thermal zones to see if it was overheated.

looks like the cpu did Flags: 0x00000003 Throttling Initialized
and hit a thermal trip point
i am guessing the cpu overheated and called a bugcheck to stop the problem.
the second bugcheck was called by the cpu because of a error in the level 1 cache
this would be consistent with a overheating CPU. the system uptimer was 2 hrs 8 minutes. so it is less likely to be a PSU problem (unless the PSU took 2 hours to overheat)

I would blow dust out of the cpu fan and make sure the fan spins up.
the thermal data reported looked wrong but it i find the info is often wrong in the debugger. the key point was the thermal protection triggers were within 1 degree of the current temps. I expect they were triggered and the cpu was reset.

first the cpu is throttled, if it continues to heat then the protection circuits reset the cpu or the CPU starts to get errors that reset the cpu.
I tried to check your modules but most have been reported as modified. This could be due to the bugcheck 0x124 cpu error which is a CPU panic condition and it just saves what it can to the memory dump.
The fans were running but I dont think they ran at full speed, just downloaded fancontrol and set the cpu fanspeed to 100% and ran cinebench with no crashes, sat at 90 degrees, it's a 5800x though.

Ill test more tomorrow but I think this was it, do you got any suggestions on the xmp issue? When I enable the default profile1 xmp the bios just crashes, on boot it's a black screen and I've got to reset the bios, take the battery out etc.

The fans were running but I dont think they ran at full speed, just downloaded fancontrol and set the cpu fanspeed to 100% and ran cinebench with no crashes, sat at 90 degrees, it's a 5800x though.

Ill test more tomorrow but I think this was it, do you got any suggestions on the xmp issue? When I enable the default profile1 xmp the bios just crashes, on boot it's a black screen and I've got to reset the bios, take the battery out etc.
thermal max for 5800x cpu is 90 degrees C.
can you set the cpu fan speed to max in bios?
if your temp was in F that would be 32 C (and that is pretty cold for a active cpu)

TRENDING THREADS