Question HP omen desktop wont boot after plugging into 220v outlet

Sep 12, 2024
Hello, I purchased a HP omen PC and brought it with me overseas to use where the power here runs on 220v. Before traveling, it was working fine. But since I got here and plugged it in, it seems to have stopped booting properly.

I confirmed that the PSU should automatically switch between 110-220v (there is no physical switch between 110-220). The only display I managed to get was when I cleared the CMOS battery, to which I got this message:

“Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk- (3F0)”

This is followed by an option to run diagnostics tests on several computer components.

I ran a quick test on my HDD and it passed, but aside from that I cannot even access the BIOS. Hitting the power button instantly shuts off the PC. I double checked all my components to make sure nothing was damaged during the flight and all parts seem to be good. Disconnecting my HDD didn’t do anything.

After I shut it down, I no longer get that display unless I clear the CMOS again. any help will be greatly appreciated. I’ve been at this for several days now.

I double checked all my components to make sure nothing was damaged
you have a secondary system available that you tested all components in to ensure they were not damaged?

and you have also verified that all connections(cables > motherboard headers/ports, PSU cables > all connections, any dedicated GPU > PCIe slot, RAM > DIMM slots, etc) are firmly in place with no visible damage to any of the contacts?

Sep 12, 2024
luckily I saved the box so I’m just waiting for someone there to send me a pic of the model number, and as far as the connections, all connections seem to be firmly in place with no visible damage to any component. Unfortunately, I do not have a secondary system to test the parts in, but I would like to point out that initially the HDD dock was slightly pushed out of place during travel causing the HDD to be slightly wobbly. I did fix it, but assuming the HDD was damaged, shouldn’t I still be able to access the BIOS? or will that only be possible if I install a new HDD? As soon as I get the model number I will post it! In the meantime here are some specs:

CPU - intel core i5 10th gen
RAM - 16GB DDR4
Graphics- zotac gaming RTX 3090
Motherboard- omen dorado OC SP#M28845-001 (got this number directly off the motherboard)
PSU- cooler master dps-750ab-40d 750w platinum
HDD- seagate constellation es.3 st3000nm0053

Sep 12, 2024
I found out this is a GPU issue with my RTX 3090. I plugged a small gpu into it and it worked just fine. I also replaced the HDD and got into the boot screen for windows. My RTX on the other hand powers up just fine but is not being detected. Pressing the power button on the case instantly shuts off the PC. The connector pins on the card seem to be fine.

TRENDING THREADS