Question HP omen desktop wont boot after plugging into 220v outlet

Sep 12, 2024
Hello, I purchased a HP omen PC and brought it with me overseas to use where the power here runs on 220v. Before traveling, it was working fine. But since I got here and plugged it in, it seems to have stopped booting properly.

I confirmed that the PSU should automatically switch between 110-220v (there is no physical switch between 110-220). The only display I managed to get was when I cleared the CMOS battery, to which I got this message:

“Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk- (3F0)”

This is followed by an option to run diagnostics tests on several computer components.

I ran a quick test on my HDD and it passed, but aside from that I cannot even access the BIOS. Hitting the power button instantly shuts off the PC. I double checked all my components to make sure nothing was damaged during the flight and all parts seem to be good. Disconnecting my HDD didn’t do anything.

After I shut it down, I no longer get that display unless I clear the CMOS again. any help will be greatly appreciated. I’ve been at this for several days now.

I double checked all my components to make sure nothing was damaged
you have a secondary system available that you tested all components in to ensure they were not damaged?

and you have also verified that all connections(cables > motherboard headers/ports, PSU cables > all connections, any dedicated GPU > PCIe slot, RAM > DIMM slots, etc) are firmly in place with no visible damage to any of the contacts?

Sep 12, 2024
luckily I saved the box so I’m just waiting for someone there to send me a pic of the model number, and as far as the connections, all connections seem to be firmly in place with no visible damage to any component. Unfortunately, I do not have a secondary system to test the parts in, but I would like to point out that initially the HDD dock was slightly pushed out of place during travel causing the HDD to be slightly wobbly. I did fix it, but assuming the HDD was damaged, shouldn’t I still be able to access the BIOS? or will that only be possible if I install a new HDD? As soon as I get the model number I will post it! In the meantime here are some specs:

CPU - intel core i5 10th gen
RAM - 16GB DDR4
Graphics- zotac gaming RTX 3090
Motherboard- omen dorado OC SP#M28845-001 (got this number directly off the motherboard)
PSU- cooler master dps-750ab-40d 750w platinum
HDD- seagate constellation es.3 st3000nm0053