Question Any keyboards with key's that are/can be moved elsewhere?

4freedomssake

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017
Quite a while ago in a magazine, I believe it was Maximum PC (which I miss badly) I remember seeing a keyboard with keys that could be placed wherever. I can't remember much about this product except that you were able to place the keys wherever you wanted them. Even not on the board! The keys wouldn't move out of place because they were stuck to something underneath of them. For example, if you wanted a shift key next to the W, it was possible.

I'm looking for something like this because of my disability which doesn't allow me to reach very far. I also have an extremely hard time touching small objects or at a quick pace. I tried one of those mini keyboards, but the keys are too darn close together. If I could place the keys where I wanted them no matter their location that I would have the ability to enjoy gaming so much more. Even if I needed to move the keys to different locations on different games that it would be a wonderful thing. That would also give me the ability to have the independence so I wouldn't need to ask someone to assist me winning a certain battle our etc

If you look at the picture you can see that I have to use a splint to hold out my index finger straight. Having this on when playing a first-person shooter isn't too wonderful. I go for the W and accidentally bump into the S. Quite annoying, but I am thankful that at least I can play.

if you have any other ideas, please share them. Thanks!

rHMEcYG.jpg

There are several keyboards with designs that are not standard but many of those are expensive, many mechanical. If you have issues when keys are close together, many of the "good" models tend to have wider key spacings than the cheaper stuff.

Do a search for ergonomic keyboards or keyboards for disabilities, there are some niche companies that build things. Some keyboards are designed for one handed use, with key spacings that are not standard.

Last edited: