Discussion any plans for dark mode on TH?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I know that there is dark mode for the forums, but there is no way to have dark mode on the TH site without using an extension or other methods to force it. The issue I have with forcing it is that I only really want it for this one site and I don't feel like disabling it for all the other sites.

Last edited:

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
the subscription thread around here somewhere, could suggest it as an option for people who want to subscribe. Different themes would make sense...
Yes, but also I feel like maybe making it free to have either a light or dark theme and then maybe having the subscription service include more advanced themes. At this point, I cannot justify another subscription service. I love this site, but I don't use it enough to justify a subscription. I just don't want to have to pay a subscription just for one feature (I'm aware that there will be other features, obviously, but I'm not sure if they would be worth it for me) Can you give me a link to the thread?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i am not an expert but its likely the theme would need to be tied to an account so that the site knows what theme to show you on each visit. Cookies won't work as most people have add ons that wipe them.
Currently no accounts on front page, not linked to forum accounts.

So if you want a dark theme, you would need an account. And unless they have another way they were going to do subscriptions (II know as much as you do about them) then you might have to pay to get the theme.

namtrooper81

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
Tomshardware should really consider a dark theme for their site.
I personally am so used to dark themes everywhere this site seems eye searing to me nowadays.