[SOLVED] Any PSU available with the new PCIe 5.0 power connector ?

saillaw

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the following questions:

Are there any PSU's currently on the market with the new PCIe 5.0 12-pin power connector? I can't seem to find any and would like to avoid using the 3 way splitter for a system I am building with a 3090ti.

I also wonder what the 4 signal contacts are for? Is that for future features that aren't used yet? I assume if you use the splitter that the 4 signal contacts do nothing?

Other than avoiding having to use a 3 way splitter, is there any advantage to using a PSU with the PCIe 5.0 12 pin connector vs a current PSU with equivalent wattage and the 3 way splitter?

Solution
Hmm why? I already placed the order, now you have me nervous.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xts3pvbcFos

Given this company's recent history of using a manufacturer with little experience with making consumer PSUs and a history of selling a good number of poor quality PSUs across the spectrum from entry-level to enthusiast, this is a Do Not Purchase without legitimate outside testing.

Power supplies are guilty until proven innocent.

saillaw

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Thanks guys, I did a bit more searching with keywords I fond from your links and it seems that there is a Gigabyte PSU with the new PCIE 5.0 connector on the market, its called the Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 1000W and I found it on Amazon for $189.99.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hmm why? I already placed the order, now you have me nervous.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xts3pvbcFos

Given this company's recent history of using a manufacturer with little experience with making consumer PSUs and a history of selling a good number of poor quality PSUs across the spectrum from entry-level to enthusiast, this is a Do Not Purchase without legitimate outside testing.

Power supplies are guilty until proven innocent.

Solution