Question Any safe and free software to batch convert a bunch of jpg files into a single pdf?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks. I went to Image but the option is "Merge images (Simple Panorama image)..." and after pressing the "Create image" button, the jpeg photos were merged into a long thin one (kind of like panorama). Is there an option to join the images together as is without making the whole thing like a thin strip?

Another question is when I took a screenshot of the images containing text, they looked fine on my 43" 4K TV but when I moved all of them to PDF Expert on my iPad to create a single pdf file, the resulting image quality of the pdf file is poor (edge of letters look blur). I checked individual jpg files and they also do not look sharp. Then, I realized that under Options of Save as within Capture Setup, the save quality was set to 80 (perhaps it means 80%?) by default. Besides setting it to 100, what else can I do to make the images and text sharp? Currently, the program has only the following checked by default:

Keep original EXIF data (if JPG to JPG)
Keep original IPTC data
Keep original JPG-Comment
Keep original XMP data
Reset EXIF orientation tag

Should I check "Try to save with original JPG quality (estimation)" and set file size? Currently it is 150kB by default.

You can choose between vertical and horizontal in irfanview and you can add spacing, in pixels, that is the amount of pixels to leave empty between pictures, maybe that way your pdf app will handle it better.

You can also look on google for virtual pdf printer driver that will allow you to print pics to pdf with any windows program that supports pictures and printers.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
You can choose between vertical and horizontal in irfanview and you can add spacing, in pixels, that is the amount of pixels to leave empty between pictures, maybe that way your pdf app will handle it better.

You can also look on google for virtual pdf printer driver that will allow you to print pics to pdf with any windows program that supports pictures and printers.

Why in this program, it merges photo files in Panorama format rather than the normal one picture/page format?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Well, it's a picture software and not a design (DTP) or a pdf creation software, for pictures there is no one per page, there is only picture or no picture.

Do you have an idea why after I combined the images and created a pdf on iPad, the text image quality on the iPad screen looks poorer compared with what I saw on my 4K TV? I am trying to do it under Windows with the hope that such issue does not show up.

USAFRet

Titan
Do you have an idea why after I combined the images and created a pdf on iPad, the text image quality on the iPad screen looks poorer compared with what I saw on my 4K TV? I am trying to do it under Windows with the hope that such issue does not show up.
Saving as PDF is not really a high quality concept.
Especially when working with a large 4k TV.

I'm still curious as to the desire for the PDF...

Are these 4k resolution pictures with text?
Is your ipad capable of 4k? Have other 4k text pics the same issue?
I would guess that the ipad is not really meant for reading text at 4k.
If the ipad has a lower native resolution than 4k then multiple pixels of the 4k image will end up on the same screen pixel of the ipad causing a blurry picture.