Question any software that can help diagnose my computer?

Feb 22, 2020
my pc resets after using it for a while, I was wondering if there is a software that can help diagnose any problems with my computer. thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU.

More information needed. For example, what are you doing when the resets occur? How long is "awhile"?

Any patterns to the behavior: Game X = okay, Game Y = resets occur.

Windows:

You can use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings.

You can use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer to observe system performance.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Feb 22, 2020
Update. After installing a thermaltake Ux100 heatsink i turned on my computer around 3:30 i let it boot up after 5 mins or so i was on spotify listening to music, surfing the web, youtube, tom's forums, while waiting to get a game on LOL when my computer reset at 3:53 PM after the reset, I let it boot up for a couple mins again i got on tom's to write the post and then it reset again at 4:09PM.

Specs.
Gigabyte Z97x-Gaming 3
Intel i5-4690K
16gb venegeance ram
GTX 960 4gb gpu
I tb hardrive
EVGA 600 w power supply.
thanks for the replies

Update. After installing a thermaltake Ux100 heatsink i turned on my computer around 3:30 i let it boot up after 5 mins or so i was on spotify listening to music, surfing the web, youtube, tom's forums, while waiting to get a game on LOL when my computer reset at 3:53 PM after the reset, I let it boot up for a couple mins again i got on tom's to write the post and then it reset again at 4:09PM.

Specs.
Gigabyte Z97x-Gaming 3
Intel i5-4690K
16gb venegeance ram
GTX 960 4gb gpu
I tb hardrive
EVGA 600 w power supply.
thanks for the replies
So you were loading a game when the PC restarted?

Feb 22, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU.

More information needed. For example, what are you doing when the resets occur? How long is "awhile"?

Any patterns to the behavior: Game X = okay, Game Y = resets occur.

Windows:

You can use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings.

You can use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer to observe system performance.
On Reliability Monitor states both resets were "windows was not properly shutdown".
On Event Viewer Kernel Power "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped, crashed or lost power unexpectedly".?

Specs.
Gigabyte Z97x-Gaming 3
Intel i5-4690K
16gb venegeance ram
GTX 960 4gb gpu
I tb hardrive
EVGA 600 w power supply.
thanks for the replies

This happened after you installed a new heatsink? That seems to be the first thing to check. Make sure you installed it properly, thermal paste is on with the right (small) amount, it's mounted and making contact to the CPU.