Question Any specifics I need to know about using a tv for a monitor?

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
So I normally sit at my desk when I game on my PC. But I do have a controller and sometimes I just wanna chill on the couch and play a game like the new Diablo.

Is there anything setting wise I need to adjust on my computer? My tv is a Samsung and I’m running a GTX 3070 TI.

I just didn’t wanna melt my GPU or anything crazy like that I didn’t know if there are major downsides that could harm your computer because it over heats or something

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your TV? Apart from managing a wire running from the GPU to your TV, you have nothing to tinker around. Unless ofc you have a bad chassis and your limited airflow causes the discrete GPU to overheat.

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
What is the make and model of your TV? Apart from managing a wire running from the GPU to your TV, you have nothing to tinker around. Unless ofc you have a bad chassis and your limited airflow causes the discrete GPU to overheat.

SAMSUNG 55" Class CU7000B Crystal UHD 4K UHD​

Is what I’ve got. Already have an HDMI cable from my tower to that. Should I disconnect my other monitors probably also?

Apart from managing a wire running from the GPU to your TV, you have nothing to tinker around.

Not really, most modern TVs now have a specific port you need to plug the video cable into for your PC. This is because TVs do a lot of video processing, and that specific port cuts out most if not all of that processing to lower input lag. This particular model of TV as well has as far as I know only one HDMI port that supports HDMI 2.0, which is port 1 I think.

Most modern TVs usually have a Game picture mode as well.

Just read your TV manual and you'll have a much better understanding of how to use it with your PC.

Last edited: