any suggestion about build?

snon200

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
hi, im going to buy this build soon: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RcJTf7
i just wanted to ask if anyone have any suggestions about it and about something i need or can change so the build will be better.
if you ask why i went with 2* gtx 980 and not 1 better gpu, its because im going to buy the first one with now and the second one in the future when i have more money and need another card, so i just wanted to have an upgrade capability

Solution

Well that justifies your CPU choice. As for RAM, I don't think there's anything wrong with...

bran_donger

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Why the Xeon chip in particular? An i5 would have been fine for less money. Never heard of that brand of RAM before either. Storage is entirely personal, but there may be a better setup, depending on what you're looking for.

snon200

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

i saw some camparisons of the xeon i chose and the i5 4690k and i decided that ill go with the xeon, its around the same price and it has more threads (yes, i know you dont need more than 4 for games this days) and it doesnt require an expensive cpu cooler cuz i cant oc it anyway..
and the ram is the cheapest 8GB 2400MHz ram i found on amazon, is there any difference between this ram and a more expensive ram?

bran_donger

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015

Well that justifies your CPU choice. As for RAM, I don't think there's anything wrong with that brand you're buying, but if you're into saving money, more well-known names like G.Skill, Crucial, and Kingston have even cheaper 8GB sets. You should take note that RAM speed really doesn't matter in most games, so a good set of 1600MHz will do you just fine.

Solution