Any wardrivers here? Mapping question.

Hi,

I would like to merge some gps data from netstumber into a mapping
program. Anyone know how to do it without entering each site by hand??

Thanks!

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:57:57 GMT, Caleb Thomas <me@there.com> wrote:

>I would like to merge some gps data from netstumber into a mapping
>program. Anyone know how to do it without entering each site by hand??

http://www2.musatcha.com/musatcha/computers/software/wifimapping/
It's fairly rough, but seems to work.

http://www.sonar-security.com/sv.html
Uses MS MapPoint 2004 to display maps.

http://www.honet.com/WiMap/
WiMap converts Netstumbler maps into Delorme Street Atlas or DeLorme
MapSource maps.

http://www.dmzs.com/tools/files/wireless.phtml
Converts to Terraserver aerial photo maps.

Please note that no matter what system you use, you're displaying YOUR
location, not that of the access point. If you pickup a signal from
far away, you'll have a large potential area in which the access point
might be located.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

Caleb Thomas <me@there.com> wrote:

> I would like to merge some gps data from netstumber into a mapping
> program. Anyone know how to do it without entering each site by hand??

Microsoft Streets&Trips can be found for around $30 with $20 rebates.
The "summary" export from NetStumbler can be fed into Streets and Trips
with a minimum of hassle. There is a tool called StreetStumbler that did
some cleanup, but it might not work with the current NetStumbler.
http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=9819

--
---

Cool,

I'm going to download it and give it a try.

Thanks

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:40:09 +0000 (UTC), dold@XReXXAnyXw.usenet.us.com
wrote:

>Caleb Thomas <me@there.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to merge some gps data from netstumber into a mapping
>> program. Anyone know how to do it without entering each site by hand??
>
>Microsoft Streets&Trips can be found for around $30 with $20 rebates.
>The "summary" export from NetStumbler can be fed into Streets and Trips
>with a minimum of hassle. There is a tool called StreetStumbler that did
>some cleanup, but it might not work with the current NetStumbler.
>http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=9819

Thanks,

I have Street Atlas 2004 and I think a MS program around here.
Just got a Engenius 200mw card and a mobile antenna. All kinds of
fun...now I'm thinking of getting a cAntenna.