[SOLVED] Any way to know what these BSOD's could have been caused by?

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, can you go to C:/windows/minidump
  • copy the last 2 files to documents
  • upload the copies from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
as its blaming ntoskrnl and its not the cause. its just what crashed.
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/rv09p2eo/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:011821-8046-01.dmp (Jan 17 2021 - 22:45:44)
Bugcheck:INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (A0)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: ?)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)

BIOS info was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean an outdated BIOS is being used.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
was that crash just at shutdown? or putting PC to sleep?
crash mentions hiberfile which is used by either Fast Startup or Hibernate (might used by sleep too)

try disabling it and then restart, then enable it again, might force windows to put it on another part of C drive

• To Disable Hibernation mode, Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and enter powercfg.exe /hibernate off.
  • To re-enable Hibernation mode, open the Command Prompt again and enter powercfg.exe /hibernate on.
that is more a work around. It could be a driver still as that is main reason hibernate has issues.

what are specs of the PC? It would normally show me that in the dump but as Gardenman said, its not showing BIOS info. I can tell its AMD

Veinama

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
Sorry for late responses and thanks for all the help, both BSOD's have happened on bootup. I will try disabling the hibernation thingy.

Specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED
MB: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
RAM :2x8GB 3600mhz
GPU: GTX 1060
550w PSU

Veinama

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
I mean I got the non beta version for my BIOS, my LAN and chipset drivers are the latest too since I have reinstalled windows recently and just got the most recent drivers for everything. Got 2 new BSOD's now though, bot hhappened on boot up as well.

View: https://imgur.com/C9yWswj

I cannot figure out how to send the DMP files though as it either errors while trying to send them and says that it couldn't read the file (google drive) or just sits at 0% on One Drive, my account has admin privilages and I've made myself the owner of the files but that didn't help. My 2 recent BSOD's had completly new error codes as you can see in the included pictures. I've tried googling the solution to be able to send the dmp files but with no success. Do you maybe know a way for me to be able to send them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...mp-files/4fa29523-c33f-46a0-b569-447ec1030b34

Veinama

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
Yeah that's the post I saw and I have the same issue as the guy has, but quoting

'When I tried to copy them to the desktop I got prompted to confirm something (my apologies I cant remember what it was....think it was something to do with permissions). I think I've solved it though. I have managed to give myself 'read' privileges (had to change it manually in properties....don't know why I had to do that?!). Will upload the zipped up files now. The permission problems wont effect you will they? '

He says he has solved the issue by himself but he doesn't say how to achieve that and I'm just stuck at that step, basically it won't let me zip them with the windows built in zip thingy.

Basically I get this: View: https://imgur.com/9kRRGaq

translation: Cannot find the file or the authorization to read the file (or so)

Colif

Win 11 Master
not normal to need to change permissions to copy a file.
I assume you aren't using cut/paste as you wouldn't have the ability to move the original.

those files are owned by the system, its how it works. You aren't the only user on PC, you might be only human one but Windows has a few it uses to do the tasks you ask of it. TrustedInstaller is one, it installs all the apps. System is another. There are more.
its why you need to copy the files, you own the copies, no need to change permissions on them.
just look in Tsk manager/details, there is a column that shows the different users currently on your system, all are needed.

Veinama

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
It has worked with the copies ,thank you for the response again and sorry again for my late responses, getting really busy with college. After I have booted up my pc today I couldn't use most of the windows features, meaning for example Word wouldn't work, was just a white screen, clicking the windows logo bottom left wouldn't do anything (task manager opened though), couldn't open my BSOD viewer, but it didn't count as a bsod or anything.

These are the 2 most recent BSOD's:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCzYViFJX89BSyA9bfZUdU6-l6Ry4njr/view?usp=sharing

Not sure if I gave the right permissions to the files from google drive so just let me know if everything is fine with them

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/a0m75qz1/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012421-8703-01.dmp (Jan 24 2021 - 07:37:37)
Bugcheck:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (EF)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 38 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File information:012321-8859-01.dmp (Jan 23 2021 - 04:53:44)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: backgroundTaskHost.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 17 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)
Comment: BIOS info was included this time.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b450-tomahawk-max
You have the latest stable BIOS already installed. There is a new beta but we usually don't recommend them unless specifically needed.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
After I have booted up my pc today I couldn't use most of the windows features, meaning for example Word wouldn't work, was just a white screen, clicking the windows logo bottom left wouldn't do anything (task manager opened though), couldn't open my BSOD viewer, but it didn't count as a bsod or anything.
I really need to stop just reading 1 part of messages.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED
MB: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
RAM :2x8GB 3600mhz
GPU: GTX 1060
550w PSU
So I have to assume you don't just run in ram, so what storage drives do you have? Make/model?
Its possible cause is the drive(s) as most of the errors occur in virtual memory, which is the page file + ram

neither of last 2 mention any storage access so
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Veinama

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
I will try to check the memtest thingy as soon as I'm done with this weeks exams. Just letting you know I'm still here I guess.
I have one SSD and one HDD BUT the ssd was bought as 'used' or so, something like that so it was a bit cheaper and my OS is obviously installed on it so I assume he could be the impostor here. I've checked my ram with the windows built in ram checking thingy and it was fine but I will give you my memtest results whenever I get some time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It probably is the used ssd then

What makes/models? I can go find some testing software for the drives.

Last thing i would buy is a used drive. you don't know what its like, you don't know if it will work next day. I don't understand buying or selling old drives. Might be cheap but you don't know how long it will last. At least new ones have a warranty and can be replaced for free if they stop working.

Now ssd can just die. They don't give clues, so its always possible its the hdd. But if desktop is acting odd its likely the ssd.

My data is valuable to me, if only in the time it would take it restore it... time wasted getting new drive and reinstalling again not withstanding. I had a few hdd die long ago and it sort of made me wary of what i put my info on.