[SOLVED] Any way to recover accidentally deleted files?

stiffmeinster

Reputable
May 30, 2016
I have reinstalled windows 10. The files were on 1 HDD, and it had 1 partition.
I formatted and made 2 partition C, D.

On the C I installed windows.

Any way to recover that small folder that was on the HDD?

I'll say there is very little hope as you have done almost everything to wipe the files - that is:
  • Created a new partion table.
  • Completely overwritten the old file table.
  • New files is added (by Win install) and it is a great chance that the contents where the old files was originaly located is overwritten.

tony_parker

BANNED
Jan 15, 2019
Well, there are chances that your file has been overwritten but no one can be sure whether it’s really overwritten or we are just assuming. So, if you want to try to recover your deleted files then I will suggest you can try any data recovery software to run a scan & check the results whether it comes up with your deleted file or not.

There are many data recovery software but I will recommend you to try Stellar Data Recovery Professional Software.

If all traces of the old partition table is gone, the programs have to rely on their ability to recognise files in the waste amount of random data. For common file formats it is a certain chanse some of the data may be retreiveable, but compressed data (*), encrypted data or files that belongs to less commonly used software is less probably retreiveable, even high cost software.

(*) Haven't really investigated this assertion, last time I actually used a form of data recovery software was probably more then fifteen years ago.

Apr 8, 2019
I have reinstalled windows 10. The files were on 1 HDD, and it had 1 partition.
I formatted and made 2 partition C, D.

On the C I installed windows.

Any way to recover that small folder that was on the HDD?
It is possible to recover in some cases, but there is a chance the files were overwritten as some others have said. If these files are very important, immediately stop using the drive to prevent further damage. If you have the budget, hire a professional data recovery company to attempt a recovery. Check these guys out: https://drivesaversdatarecovery.com/