Question Any way to reverse static damage?

MrNuke

Prominent
Sep 1, 2020
Hey guys,

I'm a first timer here but I've got a serious problem (I think), just prior to making this post I noticed the inside of my PC was really dusty, so I grabbed a cloth and opened up the side panel to my case and started wiping down the dust. I finished cleaning it up and when I turned my power supply back on and tried to boot my PC it just simply wouldn't turn on anymore. It was only afterward when I started doing a bit of research I learnt that cloths aren't good for cleaning parts as they can cause electric static damage to the PC and cause this type of problem. So I think I stupidly managed to do this and that's why my PC won't turn on after cleaning it, so please please please tell me there's some way I can reverse this and continue being able to use my PC?

Thanks a bunch

D

Deleted member 362816

Static damage isn't super common to kill parts as one would think, You sure you didn't pull out the front panel header cables when you used the cloth?

MrNuke

Prominent
Sep 1, 2020
Static damage isn't super common to kill parts as one would think, You sure you didn't pull out the front panel header cables when you used the cloth?
I went through each of the cables that I might've knocked out of place and as far as I know I'm pretty sure everything is plugged in as it should be. Though I'll check again and make sure. If everything is plugged in as usual, what other options might there be?

MrNuke

Prominent
Sep 1, 2020
So I think I found the problem, there's a loose cable that doesn't appear to be plugged into anything but it's in a super odd spot; underneath the PSU cover of my case. I have no clue where the cable came from or what it's supposed to be plugged into so now I have another issue but atleast my problem might not be ESD

MrNuke

Prominent
Sep 1, 2020
That isn't very informative, please take a photo of this cable.
Sure thing, the photo isn't really that easy to make out but it's the best I can do since the cable is underneath the cover. I also discovered that the 6 pin connector from my 2060 somehow managed to disconnect from wherever the hell that's meant to go (my friend did all the cable stuff when we built my PC). I've taken photos of both the mysterious cable as well as the 6 pin connector.

View: http://imgur.com/a/ktBvx3g